ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: developing API for TCP-PRO 5.1.28  (Read 3069 times)

mavesp

developing API for TCP-PRO 5.1.28
« on: April 16, 2008, 03:54:10 pm »

Dear Moderators,

We have just purchase TCP-PRO 5.1.28 and the installation disc should arrive by this Friday the 18th. I am new to this API programming but we are planning to create custom button on the emulator to take in a part of information on the screen and use that information to open a file via internet explorer. Can you please give me some guidelines as where to start or if such task is possible with your api? If there are any sample program such as simple as hello world would be appreciated too. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Tommy

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: developing API for TCP-PRO 5.1.28
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 09:22:59 am »

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/ICETCP.PRO.SDK

There is documentation and sample programs in the zip file.

The API provides a way to wrap the emulation in a different container than the one TelnetPro provides so in essence you are replacing the container.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:28:18 am by Bob »

mavesp

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 11:45:50 am »

Hi Bob,
[edited]

Also a quick question regarding the terminology of "container", you meant that as an interface?? or like application that sits ontop of telnetpro? We are trying to keep telnetpro to be as simple and as close to DejaWinT from 4.4 to eliminate furthur training and complication to our employees. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Tommy
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 12:21:05 pm by Bob »

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 12:23:22 pm »

The emulation screen is inside the "container". The container has the menu bar, status bar, etc. You build a replacement for that in the API to wrap around the emulation.

I'll send you another private message with info on how you might be able to do what you want without building your own container.

mavesp

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 05:20:40 pm »

Hi Bob,

Thank you for answering my question regarding the container. I had better picture of how everything works now. I think we are either going to go with the custom container route or take advantage of the links feature because as you mentioned that other tip has security concern that we should probably avoid. But of the two options, we still prefer not to build the whole container as it’s not relevant to spend that much time however I had two questions with the links feature as I am playing with it.

1. How come my mouse pointer would disappear when I had the mouse over the hypertext link? Is there a solution to that as it’s hard to see where I am pointing to before I double click the link to open?

2. After I strip down the information from link patterns, is there a limitation for how many times I may use %s in launch entry? Such as statements like http://search.asp?field1=%s&field1to=%s

And if we had to rebuild the container is that an easier way to wrap the emulation screen or we need to build from scratch?

Thanks,
Tommy

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 05:01:25 pm »

Checking into both issues. Will let you know asap.

mavesp

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 11:26:51 am »

Hi Bob,

Thanks. Please let me know as soon as possible. My manager is waiting for my demonstration and I think those are the most critical steps for us now. Also a quick question regarding the font, is there a way to make the font look as close to the DejaWinT 4.4? The font in Pro still appears further apart for characters no matter how I re-adjust the window size. This is not the most critical issue but it would be nice if everything would look as similar to the old one when we upgrading. Again, thank you so much for all the help.

Tommy

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 09:35:26 am »

The font in Pro is True Type. It's like other fonts in windows, you really can't do anything to change the inter-character spacing. The fonts for 4.4 and classic were generated and tweaked by hand to be workable even on very small monitor resolutions.

mavesp

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 11:11:17 am »

Hey Bob,

Thanks for clearing that up for me. So is there any luck to resolve hypertext link issue??

Tommy

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 03:46:16 pm »

The link cursor has been fixed. It will go out in the next build. In the meantime, I can email you an dejavu.ocx replacement file. You just copy it over the existing one (without TelnetPro running).

I'm uncertain as to the links, looking at the code, I think it's only one parameter (however if 2 work it's probably unlimited).

mavesp

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 06:14:00 pm »

Dear Bob,

Do you know when the next build will be available? I got the mouse cursor to appear now with the replacement dejavu.ocx but how do I include that update into installation? Or do I have to do it one by one manually after the client install? Also is there an option to change the appearance of the mouse cursor to default? The finger seems a little out of ordinary. It’s a little too fancy and colorful for my boss. :P

Tommy

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 09:33:14 am »

You'd have to replace it manually until we get a new build. The new build is being delayed while we test the demo code in vista.

The "finger" is compiled into the resources so it can't be replaced without recoding. The point was to make it obvious that one was accessing a link, since link underline is an option if one wasn't using underline the "finger" helps make it more obvious  that the link is being accessed.

mavesp

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 01:31:56 pm »

Dear Bob,

I had few problems with the printing in ICE.TCP Pro.

1. When we go to Print Setup from File menu before selecting host telnet pro tends to fail and display an error message stating “telenet pro mfc application has encountered a problem”. We had tested this on several window xp and 2000 server.

2. Printer Setup under file menu is not working at all. We change the printer from the scroll selection but nothing was updated after we click ok. Print icon on toolbar and print screen under file menu will not work unless we did a print from Ctrl+P print first. Then telnet pro will recognize that printer as where Print icon on toolbar and print screen under file menu.

I had checked the different print methods from profile and print while transferring. None of those would matter. Thanks.

Tommy

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 03:47:54 pm »

Dear Bob,

I had few problems with the printing in ICE.TCP Pro.

1. When we go to Print Setup from File menu before selecting host telnet pro tends to fail and display an error message stating “telnet pro mfc application has encountered a problem”. We had tested this on several window xp and 2000 server.
Print Setup should be grayed out. It's meaningless without a connection.

2. Printer Setup under file menu is not working at all. We change the printer from the scroll selection but nothing was updated after we click ok. Print icon on toolbar and print screen under file menu will not work unless we did a print from Ctrl+P print first. Then telnet pro will recognize that printer as where Print icon on toolbar and print screen under file menu.

I had checked the different print methods from profile and print while transferring. None of those would matter. Thanks.

The printer should only be changed in the profile.
If you change the default profile, you have to close the session and reopen it before the changes take effect.
If you change the active profile, the changes are lost after you close the session.

mavesp

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 05:31:27 pm »

Hey Bob,

I see. So printer setup under file menu doesn't actually do anything then? Maybe that should had be removed as many of our users would try and change printer from there. Also you may need to look in to the first issue I stated as it does not grayed out in the build we had. I know it's meaningless but it's there and it confuse our users...

Thanks for the fast response.

Tommy
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 20 queries.