ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE TCP-Pro Domain to Workgroup issues  (Read 3268 times)

1stHire

ICE TCP-Pro Domain to Workgroup issues
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:12:15 am »

TCP-Pro System Changes

Telnet Pro Version 5.1.25
All clients and Server on XP SP2.

Advised to change from a domain to a Workgroup, the changeover has created the following problems

2 x clients appears to connect then get the message “syserr  socket not connected”

Another client  “Initialising copy protection failed (2,0) please run Configwizard”

New Server PC when trying to connect thru on a client basis keeps telling me to run configwizard and not connecting.

All units have licences yet keeping failing their connections

Have removed and then reinstalled server & client on server – without success
Your good advice please.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: ICE TCP-Pro Domain to Workgroup issues
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 09:43:53 am »

You probably need to run configwizard again on the client PC's that have been switched. To do this, from the client PC, BROWSE to the licenseadmin server PC to the TCP5_USER share, then into TCP-Pro and click on ConfigWizard.exe. You only need to get a sequence number so uncheck the "configuration profile" option. Going to the next screen, it SHOULD show your existing info in the name and comment fields. If so just go ahead and click "Finish". If not make sure you put something in both of those fields and hit "Finish".

If you get an error from configwizard you have one of the following problems:

1) The TCP5_USER share is not writable for your client PC. You must make it writeable.
2) There are no licenses left. You can run licenseadmin on the server PC to see if this is the case. If the PC name is changing because of the switch from domain to workgroup you'll probably have to delete the user entry in licenseadmin for whatever PC you are trying to re-license.
3) You have a broken licenseadmin server or a version incompatibility (you can't use versions of Pro <5.0.81 with new servers of vice-versa).

1stHire

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:45:20 am »

Hi Bob,
           Thanks for the reply but still experiencing problems.

Have no problem with obtaining licences and delete user when I run Configwizard
Have placed the server on a new machine and all machines using the same version of ICE.TCP Pro 5.1.25
still getting "Initialising copy protection failed (2,0) please run configwizard" .  Another client appears to log on but returns with garbled message saying "syserr socket not connected".
Am I overlooking something?

Malcolm

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 09:29:45 am »

The "initializing copy protection failed" means you still don't have a license. I suspect the configwizard you are running is a different version from the TelnetPro client. If you have a license you should see it in the registry in:

HCLM->Software->J. River->ICE.TCP->5.0->License

there should be several entries (le1-le8) as well as a  TempUserID which is a read-only copy of the sequence number of that client.

Remember the license server is static, once you have a sequence number, it doesn't matter if the license server is online or not.

I'm guessing (if your client is 5.1.xx) you are using a configwizard from an old version so the license is being stored in the wrong place in the client registry. Just get your 5.1 disk and read the post near the top of this section about updating your licenseadmin server.

1stHire

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 11:27:48 am »

Hi Bob,
          Still unresolved.  I am using the same TCP Pro version for both server and clients.  Have deleted JRiver from registry before making a new install to clear out any legacy issues, the old server has been purged of JRiver, yet still the same response.  I  run Configwizard from ICE TCP Pro folder.  When I run configwizard it alway shows the entry on licenceadmin.
Before I would use a portable floppy drive at each client with licence, data and configwizard - then pass the data back on to the server.  Worked wel.

Anything else I could try

Malcolm

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 01:40:49 pm »

Did you check to see if the registry entries exist and are in the correct location?
You are logging into the machine, not the domain, right??

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 01:59:40 pm »

On the machine giving the weird syserr message, check the terminal type. It should be something the unix system works with. Try comparing it to one of the working PC's. Do not use things like wyse60 25 lines unless you have specifically created a 25 line terminfo entry on your unix machine (24 lines is the default for wyse60, if an app needs 25 lines IT will enable the 25th line). Similar situation exists with vt100. Vt100 and Vt220 are 24 lines by default. On the other hand, ansi is 25 lines by default so it should not be set to 24!

1stHire

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 02:43:10 am »

Hi Bob,
          The PC thats saying syserrr, terminal type is the same as the others that work.

All PCs logged onto themselves, domain no longer exists.

Registry on licence server shows:

HKEY CURRENT USER>Software>J. River>ICETCP>5.0.>Licences

Licence Folder shows:

Company Name
1-8  Licence Keys
Name
Other
Shareroot

Is this okay?

Malcolm

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 09:19:06 am »

Malcolm,
The registry on the CLIENT PC is what you are looking for and it should NOT be
that was from the much older versions, it should be
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE>Software>J. River>ICETCP>5.0.>Licences

If there was an entry in
it came from a very old version of configwizard.

See the post near the top of the forum for updating your licenseadmin server. Then remove the
HKEY CURRENT USER>Software>J. River>ICETCP
folder from the registry and rerun configwizard on the updated licenseadmin server by
BROWSING to the TCP5_USER share from the client PC.

If you check the registry on the client PC after that you should see the License entry in
HKEY LOCAL MACHINE>Software>J. River>ICETCP>5.0.>Licences

Bob

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.