ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ice error when trying to connect c:aquarius not able ....  (Read 1242 times)

don bartle

ice error when trying to connect c:aquarius not able ....
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:51:40 pm »

I am having an issue at two of my customer sites using ICE TCP PRO.  They are suddenly getting very slow to no connections to the there unix or linux servers.   Both sites are getting this error;
c:aquarius cannot create this windows mode  if that is not it exactly it is close. I have tried removing ICE and reloading it with no luck, it usually just refuses to load again.  The site I have been working with today is having this randomly show up on any of there 10 PC's, but once it does the connectivity gets real bad. Nothing else on the network is having issues conecting, internet is fine, etc.  They are on version
5.1.26  If I cannot get resolved quickly I will have to look at using Tiny Term, or something along thos lines, fyi Tiny Terms 30 eval runs fine on the PCs that are giving me issues.
Thanks ???

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: ice error when trying to connect c:aquarius not able ....
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:50:05 pm »

What changed?
Some piece of software added or updated on all of those PC's?

We heard of a similar problem lately with DLO (backup exec) and Outlook. The problem was not in the ICE software.

Cannot create c.aquarius class window means you can't get a telnet connection to the remote PC. If your services file changed you could try replacing the port "telnet" on the connect line with 23

If you get a license error after the c.aquarius error you've lost your sequence number.

You could also have hung sessions on the unix box. Check a netstat.

If you want to do a REALLY CLEAN reinstall (where you need to get the sequence number and the hosts setup again) go into regedit and remove the J.River folder under
HKLM->Software
and
HKCU->Software
before reinstalling Pro.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 06:51:50 pm by Bob »

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.