ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE TCP Pro will not connect to host..  (Read 2936 times)

plburke

ICE TCP Pro will not connect to host..
« on: November 25, 2009, 09:21:28 pm »

Hi,
I'm just testing out a Windows 7 box on our existing network which currently consists of XP/200 PC's. TCP/IP Pro ( Ver 5.1.07) is installed from a network server and all is working fine.
When I install TCP Pro on the Windows 7 machine, the installation appears to go fine, I get a valid license, and then the machine requests a reboot.
After rebooting, I bring up Telnet Pro, enter the host IP, hit enter, and get the following message:
License Violation
Terminal Services are being run from this computer. A Thin Client License is required for Pro to run. Contact J. River, Inc.
after clicking the OK button, I get the following message:
dejavu
Initializing copy protection failed (4,0). Please run ConfigWizard.
Running the ConfigWizard again shows that I get a valid license, but I still keep getting the same messages.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: ICE TCP Pro will not connect to host..
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 12:43:26 pm »

You are of course running right on the computer, not using remote desktop?

I don't think 5.1.07 is too likely to work with Windows 7 properly. Only the latest version (5.1.28) was supported in Vista. I have tested 5.1.28 in Windows 7 and TelnetPro worked fine.

plburke

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 09:39:07 pm »

Bob,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was running on the local computer and not via RDP. In between times, I downloaded the trialware version and set it up on the Windows 7 machine and had no problems installing and connecting to our host.

Can I download the latest version (5.1.28) from the site and update my existing installation? And if so, how?

Thanks.
Pat.

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 08:49:59 am »

We did encounter the "thin client" message previously when a customer installed an older version of Pro onto a Windows Vista PC.  The new version resolved their problem also.  For information on purchasing Version 5.1.28, please contact our sales department at 612-677-8200 ext. 202, or via sales@jriver.com

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 20 queries.