ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Deja32 fails to connect  (Read 1792 times)

joking

Deja32 fails to connect
« on: December 31, 2009, 07:29:18 pm »

Assuming this is ICETCP-Plus, Recently 2 of our clients in different locations have had problems where deja32 quits connecting to the linux servers.  Windows telnet works except the key map is screwed.  From windows telnet I can print to a networked printer while logged into the linux server. 
Basically, when I click on the DejaWin Icon on the desktop or from the C:\Programs\JRiver\IceTCPPLUS directory The window opens and I may get a Tool bar or not. Hour glass until it times out with (NOT RESPONDING).  I can't get to the Help Menu at all to display the verison and build information to put in here.
Was working beautifully for 6 months and now no go?  Windows was only updated today to try to resolve the issue with a no go.  The AVG was 8.0 Free version so I upgraded it to AVG 9.0 Free.  Still no go.  Windows telnet login good and can print from command line and 3rd party program to network printer.

Both PC's are WinXP w/SPs, MS Office Small Business Edition 2003 and 2007 with Outlook 2003 and 2007.  I'm not at either site right now so I can't get the version numbers exactly.

I'm trying to find the first sites version of ICETCPPLUS to try and reinstall which got lost during a hardware upgrade that brought the Win2K PC up to WinXP.  It could be in my office here but may take an act of congress to find the thing. 

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
Re: Deja32 fails to connect
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 12:59:28 pm »

Newer builds of PLUS have a keepalive function in the Configuration.  The Windows update may have affected PLUS in a way similar to this topic on the Forum:  http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php/topic,941.0.html
If you call Sales on Monday, they may be able to help you determine what version of the program you have.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.