ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: User profile data loss - Citrix implementation  (Read 684 times)

BrandonR

• Place Personal Text Here
User profile data loss - Citrix implementation
« on: September 16, 2004, 04:50:14 pm »

I don't have 100% of the information with this problem, but hopefully enough to confirm a hypothesis...

Setup - two load balanced citrix metaframe XP sr2 servers; one unix machine.  Citrix servers are on Win2K TS ed. SP3 (build 2195)

One server has (had for a while) version 5.0.62 and has been working fine, even though I read in the faq that it should be 5.0.69 for 2K+

The recently setup server had the newest 5.1.21 installed on it.  (This may have been installed as 5.0.62 and upgraded to 5.1.21, I'm not positive).

What is occouring is that now, random users have lost their startup information, specifically the password for automatic login to the unix server.  This has only happened, from what I've seen, on the server with 5.1.21.

Would this simply be an incompatibility between the two versions and how the users' profiles are utilized, thereby requiring the other server to be upgraded to 5.1.21?

Thanks,
Brandon

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
User profile data loss - Citrix implementation
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 10:21:38 am »

I belive it is the version imcompatibility that is causing your problem. It's also very important to note that the registry entries created by the version <5.0.81 on 2k/xp will certainly have the wrong permissions which also could give the reults you are seeing. It's probably best to take one user that isn't working properly and delete their registry entries, remove the 2 folders:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->J.River
and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER->SOFTWARE->J.River
and reinstall 5.1.21 for that user.

You should also be aware that the 5.0.67 admin server and configwizard CANNOT get a license for a 5.1.21 client.

Page created in 0.011 seconds with 20 queries.