ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Running DejaWinT Windows 7 - Sequence number problem  (Read 3507 times)

pjh21

Running DejaWinT Windows 7 - Sequence number problem
« on: January 09, 2012, 05:01:36 pm »

We are currently running old version of DejaWinT (25 site license). Need to upgrade to support Win 7 64 bit. Downloaded trial version of plus. When I run DejaWinT, asks for sequence number. Any number I put in (1-4) I get an error "Error writing Sequence Number in Registry. Contact your system administrator or JRiver." Any number above 5 (and 0) is an invalid number.

The account has Admin privileges, so not sure what the problem is. Any suggestions?

P Horton
DENOVO

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
Re: Running DejaWinT Windows 7 - Sequence number problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:52 am »

With respect to your download, if the ICE.TCP PLUS trialware appears to have installed successfully, but will not allow you to assign a sequence number, try:

Click on:  Start; then Highlight: All Programs > ICE.TCP PLUS > DejaWinT.  Right click on DejaWinT > Run As (Administrator); assign the sequence number.  You should only have to assign the sequence number once; the user will be able to connect without running as administrator.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Running DejaWinT Windows 7 - Sequence number problem
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 08:10:14 pm »

Deanna is correct. If UAC is enabled, the first time you run dejawint it needs to write into the machine portion of the registry. This require administrator access and you get it by right-clicking and doing "run as administrator". As soon as you've entered the sequence number and gotten the host selection screen you can cancel out and run as a normal user. This only needs to be done once per machine.

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.