ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Dejawin  (Read 5791 times)

markGK

• Place Personal Text Here
    • http://www.gravitykills.org
Dejawin
« on: November 27, 2005, 06:57:45 pm »

To whom it may concern,

A client of mine uses dejawin for their medical program database, and last monday it stopped working correctly on one of the machines. I did everything from changing out the serial ports; removing and readding the ports; uninstalling and reinstalling the software; etc.. As far as the problem is concerned, it doesnt respond when you strike enter to login. When I looked up the version it was for windows 95, and they are running windows xp. But the weird thing is that its been running fine for quite some time and all of a sudden it died.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Markus

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Dejawin
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 10:26:44 am »

Most probably a hardware failure on the Unix side or the PC side serial port. If you can, try a different PC on the PC side. Nearby lightning hits can blow the serial port output hardware. The port will look OK in windows but not work.

You can also test the PC side by putting a loopback plug on the PC and setting dejawin to xon/xoff or no handshaking and connecting pins 2 and 3 to each other on the PC serial port. Typing in the Dejawin window should then be echoed back. If it isn't working, try the other serial port. If neither works you have either bad serial ports or a blown -12 volt line in your PC power supply (the only thing -12 volts is used for is the serial port transmit line).

If the problem is on the Unix side, if you are using a multiport serial board you could try switching the cable that's going to that PC to another port on the multiport board.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 20 queries.