ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: ICE TCP-PRO USER VISTA LICENSE PROBLEM  (Read 1242 times)

merchantman

ICE TCP-PRO USER VISTA LICENSE PROBLEM
« on: July 30, 2007, 05:30:26 am »

For the past few months I've been trying to Install a user license on a remote Vista PC.  But I get an error 'No license information was found for your company in that directory". I presumed I was doing something wrong and gave up.  We've now got a Vista notebook on the LAN, and I have installed ICE from the server PC.  But I still get the same problem when I run Config Wizard.  I've had no problem installing on XP,  but this Vista install is really bugging me.  I have 4 licenses free and the User directory is shared on the server Pc (XP Pro).  I cnanot understand this.  Can anyone help me resolve this issue.  The version of Vista is Home premium.  There is a Telnet  software as part of Vista, but it does not replicate Wyse60 terminals, only VT ones.

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
Re: ICE TCP-PRO USER VISTA LICENSE PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 08:46:55 am »

What version of Telnet Pro are you installing?  The current version of Pro, version 5.1.26 is compatible with Windows Vista.  Did you check our topic, "ICE.TCP Pro error messages explained" at http://yabb.jriver.com/ice/index.php/topic,12.0.html

merchantman

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 09:04:59 am »

Thanks for the reply.  I have checked the error message and believe none of these situations exist,  The version of ICE we're using is 5.1.19.  Can we upgrade easily to the latest version, and how do we do this?  Do you think this will resolve the problem?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 09:12:16 am »

The 5.1.26 version is the recommended version for Vista. If your server is 5.1.19 you can simply download the demo to the target PC and do an install using that. When the configwizard part comes up, cancel out. Then BROWSE to the servers version of configwizard (under the TCP5_USER share in TCP-PRO if you are using TelnetPro or TCP4-32 if you are using the classic client) and make sure you put something in for both the username and comments fields. If your server permissions are correct AND your version of the server isn't older than 5.0.81 AND you are not out of licenses you will be able to do this successfully and will then be able to run Pro.

merchantman

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 03:10:18 am »

Thanks Bob/Deanna. Have installed latest version and it works fine.

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 20 queries.