ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Slowness on Terminal Server  (Read 1443 times)

tiperry

Slowness on Terminal Server
« on: May 09, 2008, 03:31:46 pm »

I'm using ICE TCP Pro Dejavu ocx in our application to control a unix session. We are using the Terminal server V5.0.76. We are finding we are unable to get more than 9 users on the server before the CPU hits 100% utilization. The server is a Pentium III 1.26Ghz with 2 Gb of RAM. Do you have any idea if the control may be causing this issue or anything we can do to allow more users to connect?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
Re: Slowness on Terminal Server
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:46:58 am »

The first thing I'd try is to run multiple sessions of TelnetPro to see if you get the same result. That will compare your custom container to the stock container.

Are you saying you have 5.0.76 of TelnetPro??

tiperry

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 12:36:14 pm »

Yes, the TelnetPro shows version 5.0.76 on all components. Ntvdm.exe is consuming most of the CPU and it indicates there are 16 bit processes running. Are any of the components 16 bit?

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 04:37:53 pm »

I don't think there are any 16 bit components in TelnetPro but that is a VERY old version. You should be using the newer version of Pro that you have (records show you purchased 3 terminal server licenses and that you have 5.1.26).

You will have to get a new sequence number by updating your licenseadmin server. You should install your 5.1.26 version you got earlier this year on the terminal server. Refer to the post about updating your server near the top of this forum.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.