ICE

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

ICETCP.PRO and ICETCP.PLUS are compatible with Windows 11!

Author Topic: Run PC Commands through Emulator  (Read 1232 times)

sei

Run PC Commands through Emulator
« on: October 26, 2007, 10:22:53 am »

We are a reseller for various products.  A new customer of ours is running your product called ICE TC/P+   They plan to upgrade soon to a product that allows them to run a report through the Unix SCO v 5.06 server that they currently have, convert the text information to a PDF file and then view this PDF through Adobe running on their Windows PC.  We currently sell another Emulation product that when this script is executed from Unix it accepts the Escape Sequences we are telling it  and runs the PC command for adobe.exe.  I downloaded your Trial Version of IceTen Pro and tried running my script through your Emulator, but it does not appear to accept the information I am sending.  My question now would be, is it possible to have your emulator understand Control sequences being sent to and have it execute a Windows Command? 

I would be glad to setup a Genesys Web Conference to demonstrate  what currently happens with our Emulation Product and then to see if it is possible to have IceTen do it.

Thanking you in advance for any assistance

deanna

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
  • Place Personal Text Here
Re: Run PC Commands through Emulator
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 01:54:32 pm »

ICE.TEN and ICE.TCP PLUS are two totally different programs, one is serial and the other TCP/IP respectively.  Just to be on the safe side, please look in Help or About and advise the version information or emulation information that the particular customer is running. 

sei

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 08:37:43 am »

I had their Hardware Tech to provide me with the information and he sent back Ice Ten TC/P+, but I will have the customer do this on Monday.  I am fully aware that TCP product and the serial product are different as we have sold the serial product before, however I know this customer has the TCP version on several of the PC's they have.

Bob

• Administrator
  • Ice Artist
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 12:12:18 pm »

There is no "standard" syntax for this because the terminals emulated have no capability of doing this on their own. However we have added it (to the tcp/ip based products only).

It's disabled by default (because it can be dangerous)!
To enable it (at your own risk), add a registry value called RemoteCommandExecution of type string set to 1 under:

For Plus
HKCU->Software->Jriver->ICE.TCP->4.5
For Pro
HKCU->Software->Jriver->ICE.TCP->5.0
For Pro/Classic client
HKCU->Software->Jriver->ICE.TCP->4.4

The escape sequence to send is:

esc[2]notepad<CR>

Replace notepad with your command and the <CR> means a carriage return; hex 0D/dec 13.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:15:28 pm by Bob »

sei

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 08:37:52 am »

This worked at least on my demo version here.  My technician will try this onsite next week.  Thank you so much for your help!!!!! :)

Page created in 0.01 seconds with 20 queries.