INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback keeps halting...  (Read 1696 times)

iDodgimus

• nothing more to say...
Playback keeps halting...
« on: August 21, 2003, 05:40:51 pm »

I dont know why, but MJ keeps halting partway into certain songs... and its really frustrating.

I downloaded a JackJohnson live set (all one mp3) and it wont play past the 15 second mark... It plays fine in WindowsMediaPlayer !!!

I'm a new user, only just got MJ a day or so ago and was impressed, now I'm less so as it doesnt seem to want to work...

Anyone provide some advice? Cheers

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playback keeps halting...
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 05:43:19 pm »

never heard of that problem
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 05:32:55 am »

sounds like you have too little ram and that huge mp3 is filling it up and when it trys to play the song it needs to clear the ram and put it in the swap file.

if your using winxp i have found that there are a lot of games and other programs that dont like using the  swap file on winxp  and make the game or program lock up.  

try   getting more  ram.  go to analogx.com and get maxmem  it is a ram cleaner that is small in size

and try to increase your stacks and your cache  to make it more music polite.  

;D
roving cowboy / keith hall

ndhunay

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 08:16:24 am »

I'm having the same problem.  And it's not with any particular MP3.  Regardless of what MP3 I play after a minute or so the playback halts.  And then I have to restart JukeBox to get it out of the hung state (stopping the file and restarting it doesn't work).

Any idea what is going on?

BTW...I get this same behaviour with MediaCenter.

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 02:30:10 pm »

are you guys using windows xp?  what computer system and what hardware??

as i have this dell  xp and it does not do this.?   i  have also never got this trouble on the win98 computer but i have found that the mp3 files will not work if the ends are cut off on them.  it will make portable cdrom/mp3 player stop playing and spin the cdrom only.  

could this  be stopping the mjb from playing them also?

yes it did also stop the mjb from playing it when it was cut off.  so i fixed it by making the mp3 a wav file going  in to the wav editor and fading the cut off part out and adding the  2  seconds of silence back on the front and  end of the song file   then saved it back to the  wav then  converted back to mp3 file.   now the  song  does not do this anymore.

but if  you are   getting it with all mp3's i wonder where you got your mp3 files and how many have some part of the song words cut off or no blank space in front or  on the end.  

that blank space was not added there by the record companys to waste space on the records or cd's.  it was there for the reason i stated above.  

if you cut it off  all 200 or 3400   mp3's you have then you got to do a lot of re editing to fix it.   because i do this to all  songs i have even the ogg files and it never stops the song any computer os or player.

roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up