INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art for movie folder in theater view?  (Read 5007 times)

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover art for movie folder in theater view?
« on: September 09, 2015, 11:19:10 pm »

Hi all,
I currently have 4 folders (Recent add, Genre, Year, Alphabetical) in my theater view.  These folders look like a typical boring window folder icon.  How do I dress them up with some cover arts and where can I get some cool looking bluray arts?  Thanks.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Cover art for movie folder in theater view?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 11:46:35 am »

Do you have imported files in those folders? I only see those Icons if I go into Explorer under gadgets and get an actual disk view.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 05:08:35 am »

You really, really, really should be importing stuff. Not browsing disk. Limitations in MC are so severe in those cases.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 10:39:51 pm »

Yes, I have imported bunch of mkv files.  Those folders are just how I sort the movies (recent add, HDmovie, kidmovie, etc...).  I have all the movie cover arts when clicking one of those folders.  I was just looking for a way to dress up those folders with images instead of the plain folder icons.  Thanks.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 05:00:07 am »

Why are you not using the build-in Theater View cover art display? Is there some grouping or sort method that you want - that you can't from Theater View? The Tabs at the top are different views. Recent Add is a built-in view. It's easy to create new views (tabs) for "Kids Movies" etc.

Such as

and as a grouping showing single Movies and of "Movies' Series"

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 09:41:34 am »

Let me see if I can explain better unless there is a better way to do this.
When launching MC21, I get to the Video screen in theaterview (see 1st attachment).  Then I click on Movie and it bring me to the folders screen (Recent add, Alphabetical, year, Genre sorting) (see 2nd attachment).  Then I click on Alphabetical folder (for example) and it shows all of my movie cover art in alphabetical orders.  I like to be able to dress up those folders in my 2nd attachment.  Thanks.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 11:21:55 am »

Of course you can setup Theater View anyway you like - that's the best thing about MC.

But most Users skip your second screen shot (opening to the folders) and just open directly into the Movies screen (your third screen shot and the top screen shot I posted) which comes standard with the "Tabs" at the top for "Recently Added", "Genre", "Name" "HD", etc. And its easy to modify (add or delete) these Tabs. So you open into Movies and then if you wanted to see sort by "Genre" you would click on the Genre Tab. Your still in the Movies screen, just changing the sort/display characteristics of that view.

IMO, you have one extra step in your work flow.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 01:21:27 pm »

^^ sound good. Can you show me how to achieve what you mentioned (skip the folder screen)? Thanks?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 03:34:33 pm »

I was hoping to find a better screen shot (already available in my Photobucket account), however I think this one will do for starting out. I can upload some better screen shots if needed.

I'm not sure how you got the screen layout where you are now - but, basically this is what to do:

Note that my screen shot is not the MC default. I have made some changes but the steps below are the same.

First
1) Go to Tools>Options>Theater View.
2) Note that the items listed in column "Items to Show" is how the Top Roller looks when you start Theater View. Those Items "Left Justified" (like Audio, Video, DVD, YouTube, etc.) will be on the Top Roller. In the screen shot you can only see that Video is left justified. BTW - you can move the display order of the Roller too (with the move button and nest or unest Roller items here).
3) Then the items indented under those "Left Justified" items are what shows when you click on the item on the first Roller. So if you click on Video (on the Top Roller) that opens the Roller for "Movies, Shows, Guide" (which is the Second Roller).
Sorry if this is too basic.

4) So in my screen shot I have added a new selection called History (It could be Kids Movies or whatever you want). You use the "Add" button to add a new item (in my example, click on "Video" to select that level, then use the "Add" button and select add a "Library Item"). The "New Library item" is now grouped under Video. If you wanted it under "Movies" you would click "Movies" then Add the item at the Movies level.
You would rename "New Library Item" to "History" (in my case) in the Details window.

5) Now you need to setup the new item's (History) display rules. So click on "Set rules for file display..." button. That bring you to the screen shown below

6) The Rules will be blank, so Click the drop down arrow and find "Media Type".
7) Media Type is "Video".
8 ) Set a sort order (can be sort by name, date, year, etc.)

Think about this and post back if I'm not clear, or you want more help, or if I'm just messing you up worse.

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 07:32:25 pm »

Thanks for that detail explanation. I got it figured out by removing one roller.
Pages: [1]   Go Up