INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot play new Gravity special edition Blu Ray. failed to connect audio decocer  (Read 2425 times)

Bandyka

• Recent member

Hi,

With anticipation I've purchased the new edition of Gravity with the ATMOS sound track however I get a message:

"failed to connect audio decoder to source".

Other ATMOS files play back OK.

Any help appreciated.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

You must be using AnyDVD or DVDfab to read Blu-ray discs, so the first thing you should do is update whichever one you use to the latest version.

Both release regular updates to enable viewing of recent discs.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Bandyka

• Recent member

I don't have any of those installed I run Power DVD 15.

Hendrik

• Administrator

You cannot play Blu-rays in MC without one of those tools.
More here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Blu-ray
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

As Hendrik says, you can't play encrypted Blu-rays using MC. You must have one of the two programs I mentioned, or play them with an external player. The is an extensive thread around here on how to get an external player to work automatically with MC. But that is for later.

So I assume you run PowerDVD 15 as an external player. Do you try to send the audio through MC when you do that, using the WDM audio driver for example?

I suggest you play the Blu-ray with PowerDVD directly, with MC closed and without the WDM driver selected, and see if that works first. Often if you have a recently produced disc, PowerDVD will also require an update from the internet to get new information about the disc, so it can be unencrypted.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Bandyka

• Recent member

Yes true Power DVD will not play it either. This is just all too hard for one movie, I'll just use the PS4 no hassles there.

Thanks for the input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up