INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make the "allow multiple instances to run at one time" permanent  (Read 2607 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
Make the "allow multiple instances to run at one time" permanent
« on: September 11, 2015, 08:41:38 am »

I love that option but I have to check it every time I reboot the computer to allow other people to use the same database while I am using it.  Is there an option to permanently save that option so that even after a reboot it remains checked? 

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Make the "allow multiple instances to run at one time" permanent
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 03:19:43 pm »

I love that option but I have to check it every time I reboot the computer to allow other people to use the same database while I am using it.  Is there an option to permanently save that option so that even after a reboot it remains checked? 
sorry don't understand really. :-[ Usually this is pretty unusual to use all the time

The other users are clients of the PC you are using? The PC running multiple instances is a client or the media server PC (the one that's sharing the library).

I'll have to check later, so I'm guessing, but if you are on a client this should be possible, probably not on the server PC. I only use this when I need two libraries loaded ... what are you using this for?  It might be better to have multiple windows if its just for tagging and view creation?

Regardless the server config would overwrite client one normally ... so it depends ... sorry rereading this I certainly didn't help much  ;D ;D

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 08:04:17 pm »

The reason I need it is because the server machine has multiple profiles.  My profile is the main one which is always logged in and is running the server.  If my wife tries to log in she can't use the same database as me.  But putting that check in does allow her to use the same database (in read only mode). 

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 03:46:12 am »

do you mean that there is only one PC in your household (which is the media server and renderer) which you share with your wife?

or do you mean there are multiple pcs in the network (eg. HTPC connected to hifi/TV as a client; media server PC in an office --> the one with multiple profiles?)

ddaggett1

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 08:06:03 pm »

I would also like to have the option of making "allow multiple instances" to be permanent. I'm trying to replicate the functionality on JRiver that I had on Microsoft Media Center. Basically, I have a machine that is not intended to be a JRiver server but, due to its location physically, has the TV Tuner card in it. My primary JRiver server is a different machine. If I open two instances of JRiver - one that just accesses the local library and is configured for the tuner card, and one that accesses the JRiver server, I can create the functionality that I'm looking for, and it appears reasonably stable. But, I can't automate it (at least not yet) because I need to manually set "allow multiple instances" each time. Thoughts? Thanks!

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 07:35:28 am »

do you mean that there is only one PC in your household (which is the media server and renderer) which you share with your wife?

or do you mean there are multiple pcs in the network (eg. HTPC connected to hifi/TV as a client; media server PC in an office --> the one with multiple profiles?)

I mean that I have 1 pc in the household acting as the media server and renderer which I share with my wife. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up