INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio in Theater View  (Read 2879 times)

wayne13

• Recent member
Audio in Theater View
« on: September 11, 2015, 08:22:12 pm »

I use JRiver only for audio in my 2 channel setup.  I like the look and interface of Theater View except for one thing.

Is there a way, once you bring up an album, to have a song start just by clicking/double clicking (rather than first bringing up the details of the song)  - like how it behaves in the "normal" view?  I searched, but I haven't found any question/answers about this functionality.

Thanks for any input.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 03:44:18 am »

back in the day there was a way for individual selections, some of the mouse functions were removed in favor of remotes .. on an album you can right click and hit play. On an individual song, I can't see how you do it in one shot. A hand held remote will work by hitting play.

There might be a work around to map a mouse button for this, but can't help with that sorry.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 08:48:23 am »

If playback is stopped, the spacebar on a selection will start it playing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 09:05:16 am »

I don't really like playback having to be stopped for spacebar to work.  I'm going to look at changing that for the next build.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 02:11:22 pm »

I might of misunderstood Wayne13 Matt, I thouht the OP wanted to play an song by just double clicking it - avoiding selecting it going to a new screen then playing -- that is a pain. The space bar just pauses and starts again the song that's already playing/cued  not if u want to skip in the list and launch a song.

O.T. ...  Mouse lovers got nerfed in version 17 ... I used to love the 3d view in theater mode; its more or less wasted in standard mode, that was also a way to get around this

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 07:56:36 am »

Next build:
Changed: Switched the spacebar in Theater View to always play what's selected instead of only playing if playback was stopped.

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 02:31:35 pm »

Next build:
Changed: Switched the spacebar in Theater View to always play what's selected instead of only playing if playback was stopped.
wow cool! that's should make the OP happy .. now Matt, I have 20 or suggestions ...  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up