INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with (Default ) [Core Audio] and Bluetooth [Core Audio]  (Read 5785 times)

Dorjee

• Recent member
Problem with (Default ) [Core Audio] and Bluetooth [Core Audio]
« on: September 12, 2015, 08:37:27 am »

Bose Sound Link II - Bluetooth

Macbook Pro 6,2  15" Mid 2010 - 8 GB Ram

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Media Center 21.0.8

Settings> Audio > Audio Device

Note: All my other apps are working flawlessly with the Bose Sound Link II, Itunes, VLC, Chrome, etc...
Except: JRiver Media Center 21

This is the first time I have used Media Center for videos on the Mac side usually always use windows but got a dual License on the pre upgrade. I have not used Media Center 20 yet for mac as it didn't support videos when it first came out.

My first question:

Is my Mac Media Center 21 license key backward compatible for the Mac Media Center 20?
At least till the bugs get worked out. The current problem makes MC 21 pretty unusable atm with my BlueTooth sound devices

====================

My Problem.

Problem with (Default ) [Core Audio] and Bluetooth [Core Audio]

• 1) (Default ) [Core Audio] Selected
    • A) Blue Tooth off. All videos play sound through the laptop on board speakers.   
    • B) Bluetooth on.  Videos that are working with Blue Tooth are heard through the Blue tooth speakers. The Videos that do not work with Bluetooth can not be heard on BT speakers or Laptop on board speakers.
  • 2) Bluetooth [Core Audio] Selected
    • A) Bluetooth on. Videos that are working with Blue Tooth are heard through the Blue tooth speakers. The Videos that do not work with Bluetooth can not be heard on BT speakers or Laptop on board speakers.
    • B) Bluetooth off switches back to (Default ) [Core Audio]
  • 3) Built-in Output [Core Audio]
    • A) Bluetooth on. All videos play off the Laptop on-board speakers.
    • B) Bluetooth off. All videos play off the Laptop on-board speakers.

The problems doesn't have to do with a specific codec as far as i can see. There are files with the exact same codec that work as with some that don't work with the blue tooth.

Majority of the files don't work with the blue tooth I would say about 80%

------

Let me know if you need additional information.

Also am I able to use my MC 21 license key with the MC 20 until this gets fixed.

Thanks,

By the way not sure what i would do with out JRiver. I am sure most people use it primarily for music but there is nothing else out there that has made watching a large library of movies easier. Much appreciated.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with (Default ) [Core Audio] and Bluetooth [Core Audio]
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 09:15:32 am »

I don't have very many answers, but...

You might take a look at the videos that don't play correctly on bluetooth and see if there's anything in common.  File type, compression type, etc.  Look at Player > Display Options > Steams .  That will show you the type(s) of video and audio that are in the file.  Lots of mine have more than one audio stream; yours might too.  I'm not sure if this will help, but more information about what you're playing can't hurt.  :)

Regarding your MC21 license and MC20:  Yes, the latest builds of MC20 for Mac work with an MC21 license.  You can find the latest build at the top of the MC20 forum.  I believe it is 20.0.132 .

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 09:18:21 am »

I'm not aware of any similar problem in MC21 relative to MC20, but an MC21 license should work with the latest version of MC20.

If some videos work with Bluetooth and others don't, it could be related to the format of the video or the type of audio.  Try to narrow that down if you can.

Dorjee

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 09:31:53 am »

All I got from you folks was some kind of .mjr file which wont work on the MC20 it did work on the MC21.

I never received my registration codes for my master license PC or Mac for MC21.

I had to use the email approach which gave me MC20 License for PC.

I sent back a reply on the email you sent me for the MC21 release hope someone gets it to send me my registration codes.

----------------------

I'll take a look at narrowing it down as far as similarities.  And try and compile a list.

But as I stated there are videos with the exact same coding (codec) that work and don't work, only differences would probably be bitrate screen ratio and file size.

Dorjee

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 09:34:34 am »

BTW after many years of using MC this is the first time I have even had an issue hehe.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 09:51:32 am »

The likeliest cause is that the failing tracks have some sort of audio properties that the Bluetooth device does not play. You may need to setup the Output Format DSP to resample to a common sample rate (48000 is usually safe), and maybe downmix to stereo.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Dorjee

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 11:42:44 am »

Ok so seems so far the only similarities I found was the ones that work have a sample rate of 44100 HZ.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/598/21170576170_aea7ef7dfe_b.jpg

I'll post any other similarities I find.

This is on a Yosemite OSX 10.10.5

Tho so far it is isolated to just Media Center 20 and 21.

Every other app from browser, youtube, vlc, quicktime, games, itunes, ... etc.... sound works fine for bluetooth including the files that doesn't work in MC20 and 21 do work in every other app I have that runs videos.

That should at least isolate whats causing the problem.

Later i'll use my time capsule to go back to Snow Leopard to see if the problem disappears.

I haven't had this same issue with the same files same laptop and same bluetooth devices on the windows version.

-------------------

Odds are by the end of next week i'll be back to the windows side as soon as I get my replacement internal dvd drive. But i'll try to help you folks isolate the problem for other users.

Meanwhile without actually changing the files and converting is there a way to trick MC20 and MC21 to thinking all the files are 44100 HZ?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 11:48:37 am »

If only 44.1kHz works then you may need to setup MC to resample audio to 44.1kHz for all other sampling rates in the Output Format DSP. Many other applications do that automatically behind your back, but MC leaves such choices to the user to decide.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Dorjee

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 11:51:44 am »

Image code doesn't seem to work added a hyperlink:

Hmm hyperlink image codes and direct links seem to be broken in these forums :(

Copy links between the codes also added a file attachment of the image.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 11:54:09 am »

Image tags work just fine, you just need to do them properly. All your tags are missing a brace at the closing tag, ie [/img] instead of /img]
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Dorjee

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 11:56:26 am »

If only 44.1kHz works then you may need to setup MC to resample audio to 44.1kHz for all other sampling rates in the Output Format DSP. Many other applications do that automatically behind your back, but MC leaves such choices to the user to decide.

as in physically convert and change the sampling rate or to simulate the output?

How would i do that?

I definitely don't want to do an actual conversion for every single file I have thousands and thousands it would take for ever.

Now if there is a way to keep the physical file the same but change how MC out puts it that would work for me but not sure how I would do that.

If I could get some tips on how to achieve that I would be thankful :)

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 12:00:47 pm »

Settings -> Audio -> DSP & output format

Make sure "Output Format" is enabled, and in the Sample Rate box on the output format page set all dropdowns to 44.1 (right-click offers options to set all in one go)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Dorjee

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 12:06:40 pm »

so just grouped by HZ anything in the 44,000 range works. anything below 44,000 and above 44,999 doesn't.

Dorjee

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 12:13:20 pm »

Settings -> Audio -> DSP & output format

Make sure "Output Format" is enabled, and in the Sample Rate box on the output format page set all dropdowns to 44.1 (right-click offers options to set all in one go)

Worked like a charm :)

Thanks for the help.

Not sure what i would do without MC especially with a huge video library. It is definitely the best Video library / player I have come across.

Granted it's awesome for music too.
This is the first time I've had to come to the forums here, as I have never experienced a problem with MC before.

I have to say this is the quickest response and solution I have ever experienced on any forums I have been on.

You made my day.

blgentry

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 12:25:35 pm »

Kudos to Hendrik for:

1.  Guessing what the problem was before evidence was offered.
2.  Giving correct advice on MC settings to resolve the problem.
3.  Writing the video engine that MC for Mac uses!!

Nice job Hendrik.  :)

Brian.

Dorjee

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 01:49:32 pm »

Kudos to Hendrik for:

1.  Guessing what the problem was before evidence was offered.
2.  Giving correct advice on MC settings to resolve the problem.
3.  Writing the video engine that MC for Mac uses!!

Nice job Hendrik.  :)

Brian.

Yup he definitely nailed it quick amazing job.

First time posting here in the forums after god knows how many years of using MC, looks like I have been missing out.

MC IMO is hands down the best video management system for a computer I have come across.
Pages: [1]   Go Up