INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple instances of MC21 on mac?  (Read 2370 times)

Dorjee

• Recent member
Multiple instances of MC21 on mac?
« on: September 12, 2015, 09:38:01 am »

Multiple instances of MC21 on mac?

It's normally in the general tabs section for windows, is it possible to do on a Mac, or will I have to find a way to clone multiple apps to run at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

If it isn't a built in function are there already some work arounds in place to allow this?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple instances of MC21 on mac?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 10:38:19 am »

What are you trying to do?  Maybe there's a way of doing what you want without running multiple instances.  As far as I know, there is no *supported* way of running multiple instances at the same time.  I haven't tried to do any workarounds to make it work; it might be possible... or not.  Which is why I asked what you're trying to achieve.  :)

Brian.

Dorjee

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 11:24:50 am »

To run more than one video or audio track at once.

Funny cause its available on the pc version.

I haven't used the mac side of my mac book pro in a long time, and now I remember why hehe.

I had to redo the windows on my mac and found out after reformating the partition that my internal dvd didn't work anymore.

Basically after 4 days of intense research not even a bootable usb works after three days of using my mac os I remember why I stopped using it so long ago. This will be my last mac, done with Iphones too. I used to love them both but they have gone way downhill lol.

-------------

For those that want to run more than one on mac you can run MC20 and MC21 at the same time.

-------------
I did some homework and found this:
http://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-open-multiple-instances-of-an-application-in-os-x/

Also for those that understand the Terminal utility for OSX:
While this is how Apple designed OS X to behave, it is actually an appended feature to the Unix-like underpinnings of the OS, where the system supports launching multiple instances of background services and other tasks via the command line. Therefore, if you would like to open a second or third instance of a specific program, you'll need to do so via the Terminal command line using the following:

open -n -a "APPLICATION NAME"

So basically:

Open the Terminal app found in the utilities folder, then type the following:

open -n -a "Media Center 21"

That will open a second, third, etc...

hope thta helps some people that wanted to do the same thing.  ;D

--------------

It's easily done in the mac code would be nice to see this feature added in futre updates or versions of the OSX MC.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 06:52:57 pm »

To run more than one video or audio track at once.

Hmm, that's unusual.  I'm curious what you're using that for.  Overlaying different audio on top of video?  DJ type mixing?  I guess it really doesn't matter; I'm just curious.

So basically:

Open the Terminal app found in the utilities folder, then type the following:

open -n -a "Media Center 21"

That will open a second, third, etc...

I'm not sure what the consequences of this setup are.  Regarding the Library files I mean.  If one becomes a read only copy, that would be safe.  If they are both writing to the database at the same time, things *might* go bad.  Someone from the dev team could probably make more informed and intelligent comments about this setup.

Brian.

Dorjee

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 10:51:31 pm »

Hmm, that's unusual.  I'm curious what you're using that for.  Overlaying different audio on top of video?  DJ type mixing?  I guess it really doesn't matter; I'm just curious.

I'm not sure what the consequences of this setup are.  Regarding the Library files I mean.  If one becomes a read only copy, that would be safe.  If they are both writing to the database at the same time, things *might* go bad.  Someone from the dev team could probably make more informed and intelligent comments about this setup.

Brian.

The second and further copies become read only, just like when you enable the built in function on the PC version.

Mac version it's not built in but you can use the terminal line to open more than one copy of any program not just MC. It's safe to use if you google you can find numerous articles on multiple instances of apps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up