INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC21 will not install after upgrade of PC to Windows 10  (Read 1569 times)

son

MC21 will not install after upgrade of PC to Windows 10
« on: September 12, 2015, 01:17:25 pm »

Today, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

After Windows 10 was installed, I tried to open my MC18 and received a message that the program could not be opened since it was installed with a different operating system and that I needed to reinstall MC.

I decided to uninstall MC 18 and upgrade to MC21 and install it rather than reinstalling MC18.

I then paid for the upgrade to MC21 and received an email with my new registration number and a MC21 file was downloaded automatically on my computer.

But I can't get the downloaded MC21 file to open and run, so I cannot install it.

When I clicked on the MC21 download I didn't get the option to "Run". Instead, I got an option to "Open With" which when clicked indicated that there is no app available to open the file. I downloaded the MC21 file two more times and got the same result.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC21 will not install after upgrade of PC to Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 01:45:31 pm »

Please visit the Download Page here and download it.  What you tried to open was probably the Install Key, part of the license.

Download and install MC from the Download Page.

son

Re: MC21 will not install after upgrade of PC to Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 02:40:16 pm »

Yes, that was it. Many thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up