INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 21.0.6 EPG Set-up - Canada  (Read 2532 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
21.0.6 EPG Set-up - Canada
« on: September 15, 2015, 12:15:21 pm »

All right I was too curious and decided to give the EPG setup another try with 21.0.6 during my lunch break...

Current setup: One colossus with an STB Profile (Canadian Satellite), using Hauppauge IR Blaster
ATSC: 4 Hauppauge 1250 Cards for an OTA Profile (Over the air..)

So I reran the setup by creating both OTA+STB profiles in the Setup option under Television General and cleaning up old settings for all.

•   Postal code is fine with a space for Canada.  I just need to click OK in the MC2XML window so no problem there. Fixed
•   The little popup window letting you know which Provider Token shows up at least 4-5 seconds AFTER the mc2xml window so you may want to change this as I wasn't sure if it was popping up for the STB config or the OTA. So I waited, moved windows around and could confirm which profile it was running for…  (BTW good idea to have that little pop-up window..). BUT IT FINALLY WORKED good stuff :)!! AND No more mc2xml that keeps popping up.
•   I reran the setup after restoring my previous MC20 Library to get that missing STB channel from an old ZAP2IT lineup and reran the setup (only clearing settings and guide data).  IT ALSO WORKED!!
•   I've answered my own question about manually adding channels... Looks like its fairly easy to do I could have done that as well.
•   And... Auto-Match behaviour is a lot better now too thx.

However one thing I don't understand is if I try to load the program guide again why do I still see the mc2xml config window?
I see that Both .dat files for both profiles have been created under settings/mc2xml in appdata but will mc2xml accept them if they're not called mc2xml.dat?  Maybe this will work automatically in the background but can you please confirm?

The reason I ask is as a workaround in MC20 i created mc2xml profiles manually and they don't pop-up when I load program guide in the television option.  I suspect this is not normal in MC21.  I guess I'll find out in the next few hours when it tries to load data automatically...

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: 21.0.6 EPG Set-up - Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 02:42:49 pm »

Any time you run it in GUI mode you will see the mc2xml popup.  When MC runs it in the background, it will not show.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 06:25:43 pm »

OK thanks.

I was on remote desktop at lunch but now I've been playing with it a little more.  I got a "device currently in use" even though nothing else was using the colossus (SageTV service was disabled) .  I rebooted and problem was gone. Strange...

Then changing channels for a few minutes lead to a crash...Common?  If you want logs let me know...

I'll play around a little more with it and let you know how it goes.

thx

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 06:32:17 pm »

Crash is not normal.  Please send the logs.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 07:49:56 pm »

OK I will if I can reproduce.

One question on the previous point and the mc2xml config window: Why have the option to reset mc2xml check box if it does it anyway?  I think it is useless since re-running the load program or set-up seems to do this no matter what.

thx yaobbing
Pages: [1]   Go Up