INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Flipping channels experience not optimal  (Read 3727 times)

AlexS

• World Citizen
TV Flipping channels experience not optimal
« on: September 16, 2015, 06:14:48 am »

Hi

I'm using 21.0.6 and a Blackgold DVB TV card.
So far so good, but flipping channels is interesting (i.e. channel up, channel down button).

It does not transition well during the channel changing process. Sometimes the audio repeats itself (e.g. nineteen nineteen nananana nineteen).. Max Headroom... well hopefully you get the idea. Also the channel pauses, does not transition very well. Works OK once it arrives on the next channel, but not a good experience.

Finally when on the guide the channel pauses (in the little preview box) rather than carrying on displaying the current channel.

Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks.

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: TV Flipping channels experience not optimal
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 06:45:42 am »

This has been my experience when using madvr with live tv.  It forces me to set up a "Custom" Red October, where I use HQ (re: madvr) for everything BUT .jtv files.

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 07:28:13 am »

Thanks.

Googling and looking at the WIKI tells me about red October. But it does not tell me where in the UI to swtich it off/on or configure.
Anyway idea?

Thanks..

EDIT:

Nevermind sorry:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80253.0

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 07:44:43 am »

OK gotcha - I can see the settings now.
Looks like a display adapter upgrade is in order for my Core Duo E4600 2.40Ghz. Seems to behave well after adjusting settings, but the frame rate can't keep up.
Many thanks...

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 08:20:03 am »

Try  changing audio settings to wasapi
Tools/Options/Audio device

AlexS

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 09:23:48 am »

Try  changing audio settings to wasapi
Tools/Options/Audio device

This!

Thanks...

mx4789

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 08:52:11 pm »

Changing the Audio setup as recommended above helped me with the sound "stuttering" when changing channels.  There is still a bit of digital breakup (pixelization?) when changing channels, but it is no more of a delay than when the antennae is connected directly to my TV so I consider it a "fair trade".  Thanks for posting the recommendation. Not exactly sure what the setting change means in terms of ramifications, but it worked.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 10:54:00 pm »

Not exactly sure what the setting change means in terms of ramifications, but it worked.

WASAPI is the recommended audio output mode in most cases:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WASAPI
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 05:38:19 pm »

Finally when on the guide the channel pauses (in the little preview box) rather than carrying on displaying the current channel.

You can change this in settings. I'll find and post where for you a little later.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 06:32:56 pm »

You can change this in settings. I'll find and post where for you a little later.

Tools/Options/Theatre View/Behaviour/Pause video playback when entering Theatre View

A bit unintuitive, but when playing TV or a media file, you are in Display View. When you press the Guide button on the remote you are switching to Theatre View. So, that setting applies.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up