INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Podcast smartlist problem  (Read 1528 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Podcast smartlist problem
« on: September 16, 2015, 10:33:00 am »

I have a smartlist for my podcasts:
Code: [Select]
[Media Sub Type]=[Podcast] [% Listened]=<90 [Date]=<14d ~sort=[Date]-d (show me all unlistened podcasts from past 2 weeks ordered from the most recent)

I have many episodes in my library that should be returned based on these criteria, but MC only returns results for podcasts episodes that are automatically downloaded to disk.  I don't want to take up disk space with podcasts for which I only listen to select topics (i.e.. TED Talks, etc.) but I do want to see them shown in my recent podcast list.  Is there a workaround for this other than just downloading everything?

BTW- unless I'm missing a legitimate reason for doing things this way, I'd categorize this as a bug since the library tags should drive results, not file contents.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Podcast smartlist problem
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 10:49:35 am »

Does it change anything if you add this to the search:
~d=a
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 11:27:43 am »

Yes, that totally worked.  Thank you.

So, was this caused by a default MC setting or something I configured somewhere?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 08:59:26 am »

It's just that by default the search only looks at imported files and the Podcast files just aren't imported yet.  So adding ~d=a tells the search to look at all the files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 09:50:10 am »

Hmm...  I get why it was implemented this way from a mechanical standpoint, but I wonder from a intuitiveness/usability standpoint if Podcasts don't need to be handled as being imported (based on Episode Status). Then, if one only wants downloaded episodes shown, they can put a Downloaded parameter into their search.
Pages: [1]   Go Up