INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone "Move"  (Read 1707 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Zone "Move"
« on: September 16, 2015, 11:33:22 am »

I'm trying to figure out a good way to get the audio to "move" zones.  It's related to this that I posted about a few months ago:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98576.msg681847#msg681847

I created a little AutoHotKey script that opens a window with 3 buttons to select my three zones.  It works well to set the right zone before any music is being played.  But if music is being played, I'm often getting errors in MC telling me that "something went wrong with playback."  

Is there a way, with MCC or MCWS, to get the full listing of what is currently in the Playing Now, and re-queue it in a new zone?  I want this to work with music, audio from a video, or WDM.

Thanks!

sarkonovich

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Zone "Move"
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 10:44:18 am »

+1

I would love a way to do this, too -- with MCWS even better.
JRiver 21 Linux (ARM) on Pine 64 => PS Audio DirectWave DAC => ATC 50asl speakers. JRiver controlled by House Band on Amazon Echo

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zone "Move"
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 11:29:51 am »

You can definitely do this with a little scripting.  Presumably you'd use MCWS to do the actual work.  For moving music from zone A to zone B it would look like this:

ZoneLink zone B to zone A.
Wait a few seconds.
Unlink zones A and B.
Stop playback in zone A.

That would leave zone B playing what zone A previously was playing.

I think that would be pretty easy to set up if you already have MCWS scripting working on your system.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up