INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 21.0.7 EPG Loading Not Working  (Read 3621 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
21.0.7 EPG Loading Not Working
« on: September 16, 2015, 12:07:13 pm »

In my case I need to setup two profiles for OTA and STB:

I was curious due to this change in the release notes: "3. Changed: When running television setup, mc2xml will no longer be executed twice, once for channels once for guide.  Now only one run (unless there is a failure) will be needed, even if there are multiple types of channels to be setup (with identical channel lineup)."

And as expected it is not working for me when I tried to run a setup from scratch.  During setup, the mc2xml will run once for the STB to get channels but will not run again even though required to get the list of OTA channels for that profile.

Why was that change implemented?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
Re: 21.0.7 EPG LOADING NOT WORKING FOR ME
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 12:15:11 pm »

One more thing...
If I load channels from my existing 21.0.6 setup I had created things are fine with 21.0.7...It's just when I start from scratch in 21.0.7

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 01:36:19 pm »

The change is meant to reduce unnecessary execution of mc2xml, and unnecessary network usage.

Did you use two different Provider tokens?  In your case you need two.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 02:13:03 pm »

There does seem to be an issue with this.

I just did a" new clean" Win10 installation with MC21.0.7 to test, and the mc2xml popup did not show. The scan completed, then of course had no EPG data to match with.
The easy fix was to go back to setup and select "load program guide" which then brought up the mc2xml popup.

I'm going to reset and run the setup again now that mc2xml.dat has been created.

UPDATE: Reran setup in MC 20.0.7, clearing all settings first, and did not get mc2xml popup window.

UPDATE2: by the time I finished typing the message above, the mc2xml popup/settings window came up. It was so slow to appear I had already finished the setup so no channels where matched to EPG data. Something is not quite right. Now I'm seeing two mc2xml popups.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
3. Changed: When running television set mc2xml will no longer be executed twice
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 03:03:54 pm »

3. Changed: When running television setup, mc2xml will no longer be executed twice, once for channels once for guide.  Now only one run (unless there is a failure) will be needed, even if there are multiple types of channels to be setup (with identical channel lineup).

Not working for me...
1: m2xml screen comes up three times.
2: Can't match channels the first two times they come up.
3: Getting popup saying data is invalid.
4: Third run of mc2xml finally works correctly with channel match & no error popups.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 03:19:08 pm »

Yes 2 profiles with 2 different tokens. Mc2xml shows up for stb but not for ota in a new setup. It does work fine in 21.0.6 or in 21.0.7 with my existing 21.0.6 setup.

To an earlier point I made... When it works the first time don't touch it! :) seriously I wouldn't make major revamps at this point I think you are really close to making something work..

Oh and if mc2xml does run a few more times during setup no big deal as this will not be the case during normal operation right?

21.0.6 wasn't bad...for my setup anyway

As per countrybumkin it is slow so I would let users know something is going on and wait for mc2xml to show up.
Ie Make the popup window show up before mc2xml.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 08:58:24 am »

Fixed for the next build:

Fixed: Television setup did not work when choosing mc2xml or XMLTV for EPG for non-STB and non-CableCARD channels.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
Re: 21.0.7 EPG Loading Not Working
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 09:08:24 am »

Thx!
Pages: [1]   Go Up