INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Print a playlist / Copy Cover Art from one track to another  (Read 2484 times)

Bruce Perrin

• Recent member
Print a playlist / Copy Cover Art from one track to another
« on: September 16, 2015, 09:16:15 pm »

Re JRMC21 for Mac: I'm conducting a trial to see if I can replace iTunes. Mostly OK so far, but still two major hurdles to jump (well, major for me, anyway, regarding the remastering work that I do).
(1) I can't figure out how to print a playlist. I have to print Seq/Artist/Name/Duration/Album in columns, for each CD that I burn. (By the way, CDs can be burnt very effectively with Disco - it's free, too!) Can this info be exported into a word processor (e.g. Mac Pages) so I can then tidy it up, or do I have to manually retype it all?
(2) How can I copy Cover Art from one track to another? Some of my images were obtained years ago and no longer exist on the internet. Especially difficult for Australian music.
Cheers from a Land Down Under, Bruce.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Print a playlist / Copy Cover Art from one track to another
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 09:26:13 pm »

1.  Go to a playlist you want to print externally.  Set up the columns that you want to see.  Uncheck the columns you don't want to see.  Or be prepared to edit those columns out in your external editor.  Select the tracks you want to print.  Edit > Copy.  Go to your word processor, spreadsheet, etc.  Paste.  If using TextEdit, you may have to use "Paste and match style".  This will get you all of the columns that were in your playlist. It works particularly well when pasted into a spreadsheet.  Note, this feature was re-introduced recently.  I think in 21.0.7.  Make sure you're using the latest build of MC21.

2.  Go to the track that has the art you want to copy.  Right click > Cover Art > Copy to clipboard .  Go to the track, or tracks you want to send this art to.  Highlight them.  Right click > Cover Art > Paste from clipboard.  Wasn't that easy?  :)

Good luck to you.

Brian.

Bruce Perrin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 12:45:44 am »

To: blgentry. Thanks, Brian. Your help is much appreciated. I've just paid for a license and signed on as a new customer. Your method of moving files in and out of various playlists is still a bit clumsy, but apart from that, JRMC21 looks like a decent enough replacement for iTunes, so I'm prepared to go with it full steam ahead.
I'm also saving my masses of Cover Art in the Mac Finder, in /Users/BLP/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 21/Cover Art/Albums - for future reference (and as a separate copy), in case I have to make future additions to artists and albums that are already in the database. Cheers, Bruce.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 09:14:47 am »

Not sure what you mean about moving files around in playlists.  I re-read your monster list of requests from a while back and you talked about needing all of your playlists from itunes.  Maybe that's what you mean?  Because you have to save itunes playlists one at a time?

If you mean something about MC, maybe there's something there we can help you with.

Glad you've got it mostly working!  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up