INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 10 updated, now jremote doesn't work  (Read 5455 times)

larrywayne_832

• Recent member
Windows 10 updated, now jremote doesn't work
« on: September 18, 2015, 12:30:23 am »

upgraded to Windows 10. jremote no longer functions

Says found 2 addresses, connecting to IPxxx.xx.xx port 52199 server timed out

computer runs windows defender only, incoming firewall rules created to allow port 52199, didn't work. tried running both with and without firewall enabled, same thing happened. Followed what was suggested in a previous similar post, but nothing worked. Please help, this s#*% is infuriating.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Windows 10 updated, now jremote doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 12:56:56 am »

Did you do a reboot after reopening the port on the firewall?
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

larrywayne_832

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:49:33 pm »

Reboot didn't work, but your hint made me think to rebooting individual sections of the signal chain. Turns out that in addition to reinstalling the MC software for win10, you have to reinitialize the sortware within MC. I went into the options, turned off the media server and then fired it up again. Once it recaught the hook in the new OS, it worked again.

Much appreciated for the assist!

paulpetoud

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 11:14:59 pm »

I upgraded to Windows 10, after which my MC19 no longer worked, even after being reinstalled.  So, I bought MC21, which works fine.  Then I downloaded the JRemote app onto my Iphone6.  I've tried connecting to MC, and it keeps saying that it's found 2 IP addresses, each with the port 52199, and it shows 'timed out' against each.  I have uninstalled McAfee.  I have changed the inbound setting on Windows Firewall to allow 52199.  I have turned off Windows Firewall.  I have turned off the Media Server in MC, and turned it back on again, as suggested, and none of the above has enabled the JRemote to connect.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 01:30:43 am »

Make sure that you do not have both MC19 and MC21 running at the same time on your PC. Check the startup options of MC so that the prior version is not automatically started on Windows start (for example)...
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

paulpetoud

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 08:49:33 pm »

I had already uninstalled MC19 from the laptop before buying MC21 and JRemote.  However, I have noticed that MC17 still shows in the list of apps, and I'm unable to uninstall it.  It gives the message "There was a problem starting C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\JRMediaUninstall.dll.  A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."  Do you think that the fact that MC17 is still intalled is the reason why JRemote keeps finding 2 IP addresses for the port 52199 when trying to connect ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 09:49:51 pm »

You may need to download and install MC17 and then uninstall it.  See "Old Versions" on our wiki for a link to MC17.

paulpetoud

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 01:48:57 am »

O.K., just tried that, and it still doesn't allow me to uninstall it (same message).  Strangely, I just tried the old version of JRemote which is on my wife's Ipad, and that connected to MC21 straight away using the same access key, and it works fine.

paulpetoud

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 07:59:23 pm »

Can anyone help with this issue - i.e. still unable to connect latest version of JRemote which is loaded on an Iphone 6, which was downloaded after an upgrade to Windows 10 ?

fine4u

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 05:46:23 pm »

Same issue going on here with MC19 - everything works fine other than jremote...
Uninstall - reinstall - nothing... Just keeps timing out after windows 10 ug

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 05:56:31 pm »

Firewall?

fine4u

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 06:35:41 pm »

Hello…
No - I’ve been running JRiver and all its applications for a while now, and never had a problem… Still slogging through all this information around here… Have a feeling this iPhone is what’s giving me grief but can’t seem to get it together… Going to load jremote on my iPad again and see if that’s the case…
Pages: [1]   Go Up