INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error Syncing Playlists to Samsung S5 in MC21  (Read 3141 times)

pbpcn7

• Recent member
Error Syncing Playlists to Samsung S5 in MC21
« on: September 18, 2015, 10:01:09 am »

I have been trying to solve this problem for over a week on my own and can't figure it out. I have about 20 playlists that I sync to an SD card on my S5. When I do so, one of two problems crops up before I can get all of the playlists synced. Sometimes, after a number of files are synced correctly, I start getting "Error" in the status column and have to abort. Even worse, sometimes the playlist syncs correctly, but then when I try to sync the next one, MC 21 thinks that the phone is full and looking at the sync details you see that it has misinterpreted many of the files already on the card as having a bitrate of 144100 kps (instead of 192, which is what most of my files are) - and other than the file name and stating that the files are wma (which is correct), it contains no other information in the other columns. There is no choice at this point but to erase the card and start over. Sometimes I get further into the process than others before the problem recurs but I am unable to get to the finish line. MC 20 was also doing this before I upgraded. The SD card is not really full, so that is not the problem. Any help out there?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Error Syncing Playlists to Samsung S5 in MC21
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 11:13:36 am »

Is there a trash folder on it?  Try emptying it.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 11:16:56 am »

In the same vein as Jim's suggestion:  When and where was this card last formatted?  I'd be inclined to freshly format it on a known good system (a computer rather than a phone) and try again.  Might help; might not.  Probably worth a try though.  :)

Brian.

pbpcn7

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 05:01:10 pm »

Thanks for the help. No trash file. Tried a full format of SD card using my computer. No difference. While I could be wrong, I think it is MC causing the problem, not the card/phone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up