INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art Shows gone after update  (Read 2004 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Cover art Shows gone after update
« on: September 18, 2015, 02:17:51 pm »

I just updated to MC21 only to find much cover art (in Theatre view) for hundreds of documentaries and tv series I have gone. I can get it back one at a time by downloading it from the web but that is too much work. Where was the cover art for shows kept in MC20 and where is it kept in MC21? Couldn't I just copy it all from MC20 into MC21 (and why wasn't this done automatically)?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art Shows gone after update
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 04:11:03 pm »

I've read at least one other person saying that upgrading from 20 to 21 broke cover art for them.  That person that I remember just copied the cover art from the MC20 folder to the MC21 folder.

I don't use the windows version of MC, but I believe the cover art is in a sub folder MC's main directory.  You should be able to find it pretty easily.

Good luck!

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 04:12:31 pm »

There is a setting for the cover art location under options for File Locations.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 05:47:17 pm »

By default Cover Art is in "C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 21\Cover Art"
Just navigate to the same folder from MC20, copy it entirely, and put it into the MC21 folder, and it should all be back.

Admittedly it might be neat if that is migrated somehow. Not sure how easy that would be... best if you just fix it quickly yourself. I might try to remember it and see if i can do something for MC22 eventually.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 06:02:11 pm »

I've always felt that the default Cover Art location is too buried in the file structure.
I set mine to save in subfolder under "Documents". This way it is auto-backed up along with the Documents folder through the standard windows backup program.

Perhaps in the future, MC could ask for the User to select a "Cover Art storage location" during the install process (like is done for Television Recording).
Of course the Cover Art location can be changed at Tools>Options>File Location>Cover Art.

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 07:08:13 pm »

Thanks Hendrik for the reference to the directory. Deeply buried indeed. I quite agree that offering the user the chance to specify a new directory for the old files woud be a very good solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up