INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize Which Playlists Are Exposed To DLNA / WebGizmo / JRemote / TheaterView  (Read 2221 times)

greynolds

• Citizen of the Universe

I've looked through the settings and don't see a way to accomplish this:

What I'd like to do is to be able to control which playlists are made available in DLNA servers, and the other various views such as WebGizmo, JRemote, and TheaterView.  Currently, the user has the option of including all Playlists in these views or no playlists.  I use some of the playlists, such as "Recently Imported" for maintenance tasks, such as knowing which items I need to clean up tags for, but would prefer not to have those playlists accessible on these other views as I really don't use them other than for maintenance.  I believe it would be relatively easy to add a configuration option to allow the user to select which playlists should be exposed to the various views rather than making it all or nothing.

If there's a way to accomplish this that I'm not aware of, please let me know.

jaxtherogue

• World Citizen

Here's what I did. Not sure if it is the most efficient method but it worked for me.

• I created playlist groups and put the playlists I wanted exposed in them.
  • Go to Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & WebGizmo
  • Remove the regular playlists entry under Items to Show
  • Add Root Library Item,  rename it Playlists or something
  • Highlight Library Item 1, then click Add next to Show Categories In This Order
  • Under Type select Playlist Group, the select your playlist group created in step 1.
  • Rename Library Item 1 appropriately.
  • Repeat as necessary.

greynolds

Here's what I did. Not sure if it is the most efficient method but it worked for me.

• I created playlist groups and put the playlists I wanted exposed in them.
  • Go to Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & WebGizmo
  • Remove the regular playlists entry under Items to Show
  • Add Root Library Item,  rename it Playlists or something
  • Highlight Library Item 1, then click Add next to Show Categories In This Order
  • Under Type select Playlist Group, the select your playlist group created in step 1.
  • Rename Library Item 1 appropriately.
  • Repeat as necessary.
Thanks for the tip.  I'll need to experiment with it a bit, but I think that will do the trick.

greynolds

I just played around with this and it accomplishes exactly what I was looking for.  I had never noticed the "Playlist Group" option in the list of Types before.
Pages: [1]   Go Up