INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many people use a combination of Play Types?  (Read 1922 times)

slikvik

• World Citizen
How many people use a combination of Play Types?
« on: September 11, 2003, 01:06:21 am »

When using MC9, do you use always just use one or a combination of the various playing types:

Play All Files - Double Click (Great when you want to play a whole Album.)

Play One File - Right Click/Play (Great when you want to play a single and don't want the rest of your media library added as well!)

Add to Playing Now - Right Click/Add (Great when you want to browse through media library and add selected songs to Playing now.)

I just want to get an idea as I feel some IR commands for each would help remote users, but it might just be me who actually uses all types. As an example:

When one of my mates comes round I give him the remote and say "browse through that [Media Library] and select the ones you want to play tonight" (like a Jukebox  ;D.)  - Add To Playing Now.

But then mid way through we get bored with this list and want  to up the mood; we want to put an album on. - Play All Files.

This is not a feature request (sort of,) I just want to see how people play their files.

Thanks for your time.

Vic

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
Re: How many people use a combination of Play Type
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 01:41:57 am »

All of the above for me - depending on what I am doing (or feeling) at the time.

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 04:22:53 am »

Same here - All of the above.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 05:15:30 am »

If it's a full album, I just select the album name from the panes, right click on it and choose Play or Add to Playing Now depending on whether I want to keep what's already there or not.

For individual files, I do the same, but I only right click on the file.

Occasionally, I'll also use the (Play Next) or (Play Now) variants.

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 05:51:53 am »

Thats what I thought.

I think that actually playing files is one of the most common things I do in MC9. Which means:

A) a lot of right-clicks
B) no way of using a remote control for playing files except for one type.

I'm in no way knocking this software, part of reason I'm forever in these forums is because I love it, I'm just offering some humble opinions.

I think either keyboard shortcuts (maybe ENTER, Ctrl+ENTER and Shift+ENTER) would be great.

Or optional toolbar buttons (with key shortcuts) see link.

Or IR commands.

Thanks again for your time AND thanks for the TAB adjustments in the last few BETAS (I do notice ya know  ;))

http://www.fmdplus.com/images/image1.jpg

Regards

Vic

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2003, 09:20:55 am »

They've promised to add more buttons to the toolbars.  I really hope that all the different play options are included.  I find it amazing that such a versatile program offers no way of accessing these functions without a right click.  I new user that looks around teh screen for a play button will not find one, except on the player bar and you need to reserve that for restarting play back of playing now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up