INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver not working with chord hugo  (Read 12264 times)

hok1229

• Recent member
JRiver not working with chord hugo
« on: September 21, 2015, 11:09:21 am »

I used to connect to my chord hugo via chord hugo WASAPI driver, and it was working fine.
But recently, i realized that the chord hugo WASAPI driver is missing in JRiver, left only ASIO Chord Hugo 1.03.
I tried to connect it via ASIO Chord Hugo 1.03, but it just could not work out. I have tried every output options but it just failed.

PLEASE HELP

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver not working with chord hugo
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 11:46:04 am »

Hugo works fine for me on MC 20 with Asio 1.03 and standard settings. I am on Windows 7 using USB into the high rez usb connection. I believe there is also a Kernel Streaming option. Have you tried that? With Asio, what do you get - no sound, white noise, or what? Not much help, just wanted you to know it does work for me.

hok1229

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 12:04:35 pm »

Thanks for the reply,

Asio 1.03 work for me too, but max output bit only 48khz(my chord hugo light is orange).

Last time with Chord Hugo WASAPI output, i could play 196khz and DSD.

Any clue?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 12:21:51 pm »

For DSD you need to set it to bitstreaming (Audio setup)  and DoP (Asio setup). You should check DSP Studio and make sure no output format conversions are going on. When playing a 192 track, check Audio Path (upper right, 3 vertical lines) and see what MC says it is sending out.

Also, are you plugged into the high rez usb on the Hugo. Probably, but something to check.

hok1229

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 01:00:51 pm »

Thank you very much for your guide, but i still could not make it right.
I always get this error message:

Something went wrong with playback
Details:
Playback could not be started on the output "ASIO" using the format "192kHz 2ch".
This output format may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP Studio to change the output to a compatible format.
Also, make sure that your system has valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options.

Do you mind to tell me more details about the settings?  :) Thanks

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 03:32:21 pm »

Not sure what is different. I would close MC and then look at  Control Panel - Sound and look at the setup of the device : Digital Output - Chord. Under Properties - Advanced check the exclusive access options. Then try the test at different sample rates. If that works, then go back to MC and check in the Asio setup that the Volume is set to Automatic or Chord and not the onboard device. Buffer is set to 50 (default) and DSD over DoP is checked. That is pretty much the setup. My guess is that the exclusive access may be the issue. Without that, it may be defaulting to 48K so the PC can also play sounds. Hope that works.

elviscaprice

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 02:15:16 am »

I use the Chord Hugo in my system with JRiver 20 & Windows 10.  I find the ASIO driver slightly better than the WASAPI driver.  But either is fine.
With the Hugo, for best SQ, do not use DSP or Volume control in JRiver.  Disable the volume control.  Set you latency settings/buffer to minimum possible.

Sounds like you need to reinstall the device drivers from Chord.  Do that first.
http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/products-info.asp?id=92

For ASIO 1.03, you need to check off two items for DSD playback. 
One under Audio Device/Device Settings, check the box for DSD bitstream in DOP format.
The second one is in Settings/Bitstreaming enable the DSD.

That's it, you should be able to stream bitperfect, DSD as DOP & all PCM up to DXD with JRiver to the Hugo. 

hok1229

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 04:25:55 am »

After follow all your instruction, I still getting the same error message:

Something went wrong with playback
Details:
Playback could not be started on the output "ASIO" using the format "192kHz 2ch".
This output format may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP Studio to change the output to a compatible format.
Also, make sure that your system has valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options.

Can you tell me what is the setting at Dsp Studio Output Format?

Thanks

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 05:47:12 am »

Can you play 192 signals from the control panel?

elviscaprice

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 11:48:21 am »

Your usb micro connection is to the wrong input on the Hugo.  Change input to the HD micro input.  The non HD Hugo micro input is for devices that can not use the Hugo device drivers.  You can only stream up to 48khz audio to this input.  Whereas with the Hugo HD micro input you can stream all formats DSD and DXD.
The HD input is the one next to the on off power switch.

hok1229

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 02:09:21 pm »

I can confirm that i have using the correct usb input which is HD input, its really getting frustrated.
Can anyone tell me what other windows audio player that work with chord hugo?

Thanks

elviscaprice

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 03:09:11 pm »

Thanks for the reply,

Asio 1.03 work for me too, but max output bit only 48khz(my chord hugo light is orange).

Last time with Chord Hugo WASAPI output, i could play 196khz and DSD.

Any clue?

You never did say what version of Windows your using?  Update to Windows 10, it's better sounding in my opinion.  The fact that you did at one time have JRiver playing all formats with Hugo and using a device driver that is now gone tells me there is something wrong with Windows/settings/device drivers, if your not seeing the WASAPI device driver from Chord, somethings wrong with Windows.
Considering you can play up to a minimum of 48khz with JRiver and Chord ASIO 1.03 streaming to the Hugo, I would say definitely it's not JRiver's fault.  This would be a first with Hugo and JRiver that I ever heard of.   It's something in your settings JRiver or Windows, who knows without being there and seeing/checking all the settings.  Your going to have to try and eliminate different parts of the chain one by one to isolate the problem area.  Sorry I couldn't help you, good luck.

hok1229

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 12:59:50 am »

I  am using windows 10, JRiver detect Realtek High Defination Audio (WASAPI) but not Chord Hugo WASAPI.
Can you tell what is the problem with the setting?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up