INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-T EPG Denmark  (Read 10486 times)

kjeldsen

• Recent member
DVB-T EPG Denmark
« on: September 23, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »

I would like to switch to win10, and then I also need to give up WMC. Now I try JRiver, and everything looks good, except for the TV part.
In WMC it's a no brainer. JRiver is almost a nobrainer except for EPG. It only get EPG on a few channels, and the rest is not there. I can search manually, but nothing.

I have had several DVB-T tuner boxes and WMC. All of these captures EPG with no problem, and do not ask for a lot of options.
If I see live TV, I also would like to record easily. In WMC I just move the mouse, and press record. Record is not that easy in JRiver. I have to right click and go through an ugly menu.

If I choose to pay for JRiver, the TV part have to be much, much better.

I chose to try JRiver because I don't want to use all my time setting up KODI.

Do you have a major upgrade in the near future?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVB-T EPG Denmark
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 02:57:42 pm »

Are you testing with the new MC21 (latest version is 21.0.9)?

I don't know about the EPG data sources in Denmark. Can you get data from the Zap2it website http://zap2it.com/ (assuming it has data for non-USA countries)?
If yes, then you could run Zap2xml to collect the EPG data.

EDIT: I tried postal Code "2400" in Zap2it and it would not accept it.

kjeldsen

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 03:21:19 pm »

I do get some EPG data (I use the guide for setting up EPG for OTA USA) , but the list is outdated. In the program list only two channels turn up, even though EPG is found on four of my 9 channels.

I am not going to do alot of investigation myself. Then I would prefer a free media center like KODI.

I need a ultra stable and easy TV functionality, that my wife and children and guests can use.

kjeldsen

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 03:24:31 pm »

I download the program today, so I expect it to be the newest one

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 03:33:57 pm »

It depends where you downloaded it from.  See the wiki topic on Updates to read about this.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 03:37:52 pm »

Are you using Theater View when you play TV?

kjeldsen

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 04:20:12 pm »

It's version 21.0.6 on windows 7. I use theater view.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 05:50:18 pm »

21.0.9 is at the top of the MC21 board.  It's worth trying.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 06:22:03 pm »

I tried running mc2xml, entering Denmark, postal code 2400, and got a lot of data.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 07:22:14 pm »

Yep. If someone has been using WMC and getting good data, then mc2xml is the correct choice for their EPG source.

Assuming, of course, that Microsoft has rolled out their EPG source change to the location in question.

kjeldsen, have you had a disruption in EPG availability on WMC in the last few months, which required a WMC update to fix? If so, then if you run the EPG setup in MC and select mc2xml as the method, you should see the same data that you saw in WMC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

kjeldsen

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 02:04:47 am »

I do get at lot of EPG data, ībut most of it are oboslete channels, and the new channels ar not present.
I have no probelm with EPG in WMC (for years), when channel from national TV changed few years ago, it also showed in EPG, with any update or other actions required.

I will continue to use win7 and WMC for a while, but will look at JRiver from time to time. It's not only the EPG issues. The TV interface itself is not good enough.   

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 07:35:08 am »

I don't know if you've read any of the other threads about EPG, but it's been a problem for the last month or so because of the changes that Microsoft made with the EPG.  It's getting better.  It's probably possible to solve your problem, but it would take a little work.

If you have something specific about the interface, let us know.  We're open to change.

kjeldsen

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2015, 03:03:18 pm »

Regarding EPG - I have just tried DVBViewer. All channels have EPG. I still use WMC - also here all channels have EPG. The tuner in my TV also show EPG on all channels

I have used the theater view (10 feet). First I couldn't find live TV. I had to go through video. In EPG view - when I click the program I wan't to see, another window with additional info pops up, and hear I can choose to watch. I would like that when I click on the live program in EPG, I go directly to that program. If I would like to record that program manually, I would like to be able to click directly on the record button on the screen. But there is no record button. I have to right click and go through a long menu first. I know my wife and kids will not be able to remember this. It need to be much more intuitive - Or can I customize all these "buttons"

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2015, 03:27:22 pm »

Regarding EPG - I have just tried DVBViewer. All channels have EPG. I still use WMC - also here all channels have EPG. The tuner in my TV also show EPG on all channels

I have used the theater view (10 feet). First I couldn't find live TV. I had to go through video. In EPG view - when I click the program I wan't to see, another window with additional info pops up, and hear I can choose to watch. I would like that when I click on the live program in EPG, I go directly to that program. If I would like to record that program manually, I would like to be able to click directly on the record button on the screen. But there is no record button. I have to right click and go through a long menu first. I know my wife and kids will not be able to remember this. It need to be much more intuitive - Or can I customize all these "buttons"

Do you use a remote control?  You can press the record button on the remote control to start recording.  Theater view is designed for you to sit on a couch with a remote control (not a keyboard and a mouse).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

kjeldsen

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2015, 04:53:36 pm »

I use a logitech gyro mouse, and another no brand gyro mouse. I have tried all sorts of controls incl MC remote. And gyromouse is the most simple and intuitive way of controlling a media center.

When I move these in WMC or DVBViewer I get all I need at the bottom = shift channel up and down, EPG, volume up and down, record. At top I get back arrow, home and shut down.

Using the mouse is very intuitive even for kids.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 03:53:55 pm »

If you're keen, you could inestigate an XMLTV grabber and import the XMLTV file to MC. I did this ages back to enable divorce proceedings from WMC/MCE and permit conversion to a JRiver household. It did take some effort but I've reaped the benefits ever since.

I did a quick search including "Denmark" and this reference quotes a number of options that I'd expect won't cost you to use:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Denmark

Danish isn't my forte but I think this is a paid version:
http://dk.timefor.tv/xmltv

A number of us (myself included) use EPG Collector to scrape the OTA EPG in XMLTV format that depends on the quality of the locally broadcast data. It appears that there is some activity by Danish users:
https://sourceforge.net/p/epgcollector/discussion/search/?q=denmark&limit=250
So, you wouldn't be on your own.

While not focussed on Denmark, this advice could help provide setup guidance (you'd just need to localise it where relevant):
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67992.msg558511#msg558511

If you go the XMLTV route, let us know how you travel..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 12:55:08 am »

The problem with mc2xml is that a few channels like DR3 or DR Ultra is missing. I think I raised this issue some years ago.

An alternative is this somewhat easy to set-up XMLTV grabber: http://www.digisoft.dk/xmltv/
But if you use it the GENRE-tab in theater view does not work (which is annoying).

Best regards,
Mikkel

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 06:57:03 am »

I'm in Denmark, postal code 2400, and I get EPG data for all my channels including DR3 and DR Ultra.

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 12:43:56 am »

Odd, but then I use DVB-C and not DVB-T. Don't know if that explains why I do not get complete EPG data except if using XMLTV.

P.S. Tried using postal code 2400 but it did not change anything.

Best regards

Mikkel

Grenache

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 06:17:13 am »

Odd, but then I use DVB-C and not DVB-T.

Actually, I also use DVB-C (just noticed now that the OP was referring to DVB-T).

kreto

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 12:24:24 am »

Hi
has some one found a solution to it?

have tried mc2xml 1.4 and 1.5 postal zip 2400 dvb t/c/s(only get dr1,dr2) 1.5, digixmltv (not valid data)  have been using dvbviewer without a problem.

Pages: [1]   Go Up