Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mc21  (Read 3781 times)

Cornman

• Recent member
mc21
« on: September 23, 2015, 05:25:37 pm »

Hi all,
I am pretty computer incompetent so please be patient.
Just noticed my mc19 was not working and I have not used it in a bit.
upgraded to 21 for mac and cannot seem to get any page up.
Asking for a app to open it up or use my own application.
Did not get app with previous mc19 so I am trying to figure this out.
Cannot seem to get anything to click to get any sort of page going.

Any help with be great,  Mike

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: mc21
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 05:36:12 pm »

I'm not sure what you're asking.  Do you need to download MC21 for Mac?  It's on the download page:

http://www.jriver.com/download.html

The latest version is also always in a forum topic at the top of this forum that you are reading right now.

If you need more help, please try asking specific questions.  :)

Brian.

Cornman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 06:08:27 pm »

I did upgrade to mc21 and received confirmation email with new code.
My computer seemed to download and is in my downloads folder.
When I click on it I cannot get the JRiver page to come up with my music.
It says something about installing a app from the app store but I never done that before.
It also says I can open it with my own application but nothing seems to work.
Hope I am saying this properly and thanks for your help.  Mike

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 06:40:31 pm »

When you bought MC21 for Mac, JRiver emailed you a license code.  If you then did a Restore on their restore page, they mailed you a license *file*.  That file will end in .MJR.  This is NOT THE PROGRAM.  It's just a license file.  That's why it won't run when you try to run it from your downloads folder.

Download MC21 from the link I provided you above.  You'll end up with a file ending in .DMG.  Double click that file and it will open a window with an MC21 icon and an Applications folder icon.  DON'T RUN MC21 yet!  Drag the MC21 icon over the Applications folder to COPY it to the Applications folder.  You'll get a little progress bar telling you that it's copying over.  Once it's done, close that window.  You have just INSTALLED MC21.  This is how most installations work on a Mac.  You drag them to the Applications folder.

Now, you can run MC21 from the Applications folder.  But it won't be licensed yet!  So instead, try that MJR file again.  It should successfully install your license.  Finally, go to your Applications folder and run Media Center 21.  Once it comes up, check that your license was installed:  Help > Registration Info.

That should get you all fixed up I hope.  :)

Brian.

Cornman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 07:24:06 pm »

o.k. Got it.
Now back to my original problem.
When I turn on the computer and bring up JRiver it use to lock on to my DAC and also the JRemote app on my iPad.
The Dac is getting the connection to the internet but I cannot get the iPad or the mc21 on my computer to recognize my Dac.
Did I say this right.  Mike

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 07:29:03 pm »

So you have MC21 running on your Mac and licensed?  If so, good job.  :)

You will want to tell MC which audio device to use.  In this case, your external DAC.  Go to:
Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device

Pull down the menu and look for the name of your DAC.  It should say the name and probably ends with (Core Audio).  Select that, and click OK on the options panel.  Now try playing music in MC and it should go to your DAC.  If not, restart MC and try again.

JRemote:  You need to turn on Media Network and generate and access key:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Use media network... > Checked
Tools > Options > Media Network > access Key > click it an generate one

You can then take that access key to JRemote and type it in so it can find MC on your Mac.

Good luck.

Brian.

Cornman

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 07:40:28 pm »

I am getting to the spot of audio device but nothing shows up just a bunch of settings.
I dont remember doing all this the first time.  How else can this recognize my dac? ?

blgentry

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 08:50:08 pm »

Under where it says Audio Device is a drop down menu.  It's just above "Device Settings".  It probably says something like "Default (Core Audio)".  Click on it and you should get a menu of audio outputs to choose from. One should be your DAC.

This all assumes that your Mac can already "see" and play to the DAC.  Can other programs play to your DAC?  If so, it should be pretty easy to get it working.

Brian.

Cornman

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 05:03:23 pm »

Thanks for all of your help but i cannot get it.
When I click on default core audio nothing else comes up.
This is a PS Audio perfect wave dac and I used it with mc19 for a long time with no problems. ?
I need to run out this evening but will try maybe later or try the PS forums for help.
Dac is showing connected. I even disconnected and reconnected the internet cable and it showed unconnected and went to connect so it looks to be getting the signal out.
Kind of stumped.    Mike

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 05:29:18 pm »

The first step in getting a DAC to work with MC is to get Mac OS X to "see" it and be able to play to it from Sound in System Preferences.  Another way to check is to open Audio MIDI setup.  You can find that in Applications/Utilities .  Once OS X can set it and you can play sound effects from the Sound Preference Panel, MC should be easy.  :)

Brian.

Cornman

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2015, 03:44:55 pm »

Well I seem to have it working again, don't know how but it works.  Thanks for all of your help. 
I may have adjusted a gain or some other volume, I don't have the volume I use to have, maybe you
can direct me before I mess something else up.   Mike

blgentry

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2015, 04:19:13 pm »

I'm not entirely sure how to help you.  Check the gain setting of the DAC in Audio MIDI Setup (that's in Applications/Utilities).  Check the volume level in MC.  (It's in the upper left corner of the display under the play controls).

With more information, we might be able to guide you more properly.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up