INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Albums  (Read 2810 times)

mrbooboy

• Recent member
Missing Albums
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:09:34 pm »

I have a strange issue that I cannot resolve. MC20 is using my iTunes folder as the music source. I noticed last night that the total count in albums was off by about 50. After about an hour of searching, I have discovered that some album are not being shown in MC20. For example, there are 27 albums under Bruce Springsteen in iTunes. In MC20, I am seeing 26. For some reason one album is not appearing in MC20. I've looked at the tags and file information to see if there was anything unique about the missing album but cannot see any differences. Any ideas what might cause this would happen? Thanks.

David

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Missing Albums
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 11:18:26 pm »

what happens if you open a window in MC (now playing) and drag the folder in?

track by track? 

can you right click and play in MC?  does it play in itunes?  maybe corrupt files...

mrbooboy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 11:38:13 pm »

I was able to drag the missing album files into the now playing window and they played fine. However, they still didn't appear under Artist until I highlighted the tracks and selected "add to library". This fixed the problem for this particular album. Unfortunately, I have 50 other missing albums and I can't understand why approximately 2% of my library is not showing up in MC20. Very odd.

Thanks.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 04:54:01 am »

what I'd check first is your tags I think. The field [Album Artist] or Album Artist(Auto) and Album must be filled out to group individual albums. This is not the same as the Artist field. If one of your albums is empty or some say just Bruce Springsteen and one says Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band the latter its not going to show up grouped together in the same way. The music you are missing should be there providing that you set up your import options in JRiver correctly. Also try a manual autoimport just in case

iTunes can be very funky handling this.

Suggestion .. don't let iTunes optimize your library .. actually keep it away from it entirely. If needed you can nuke the itunes library and reload a different "clean" filepath that you use with JRiver,  later in iTunes.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 09:08:08 am »

Ariendelle is probably on the right track.  Here's an experiment to try:

1.  Find an album that you know is on disk, but you don't see it in MC.
2.  Find, display, or write down the exact path on disk.  Like C:\itunes music\Bruce Springsteen\Darkness At The Edge Of Town\<lots of songs here>
3.  In MC, go to the left navigation pane, and find Audio > Files.
4.  Using the Location Pane, which should be the first one on the left, drill down into your directory structure and try to find the file path from #2 above.

Is it there?  If so, click on a song and bring up the Tagging Pane (<right click> Tag).  As Ariendelle suggested, look at Artist, Album Artist, and Album Artist (auto).  You will probably find something amiss.

If you *don't* see the directory or files when you drill down into the Location pane, then MC hasn't imported it for some reason.  I've had numerous corrupted files from itunes, but it wasn't itunes fault.  It was just an old music collection that I had on a drive that crashed and I recovered it.  A LOT of the files were bad and I didn't know it until I looked (and listened).

I've now re-ripped everything I care about to FLAC and threw away my itunes library completely.  The lossy AAC files weren't worth messing with anyway.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up