INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: screensaver in Hairstyle  (Read 2165 times)

salsbst1

• World Citizen
screensaver in Hairstyle
« on: September 10, 2003, 04:25:18 am »

Hi.  Knowing full well that J River is not focused on hairstyle, I just want to point out that I and some other customers are focused on hairstyle, and maybe smarting a bit from having been told that hairstyle would get a serious makeover (based on that information I decided to go with hairstyle when setting up my HTPC) and then finding that something else came up.  I know it's not my company to run.

In particular, I'm gnashing my teeth over the fact that Media Center disables the windows screen saver while in hairstyle mode.

I am looking into using a very expensive (for my budget) display with my HTPC, and this "feature" of hairstyle may cause me to abandon Media Center in order to protect my investment.

My request is that the screen saver and monitor-off features of windows be disabled only when full screen visualizations are being rendered.

I have a few other problems with hairstyle but none of them are deal breakers.  The screen saver issue is probably a deal breaker.   Please take 5 minutes and give us the option not to disable the screensaver in hairstyle.

Regards,
Stuart

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: screensaver in Hairstyle
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2003, 05:28:28 am »

We did spend several days on Hairstyle after we said we were going to work on it.  Sorry if we didn't get what you need, but the list of needs is long and varied.

salsbst1

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 05:47:05 am »

Jim, thanks for your response.  In fact, it seems like at some point (difficult for me to reconstruct the timeline) this "feature" was actually added based on someone else's request -- unfortunately those of us who wouldn't have wanted this feature must have missed our opportunities to object.  Oh, well. Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2003, 08:55:30 am »

Next build:

Changed: Screensaver no longer disabled when Hairstyle is visible. (still disabled during fullscreen playback)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

salsbst1

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2003, 10:35:53 am »

Woohoo!  This makes my day (which thus far has consisted entirely of talking to MS about why the remote debugging doesn't work in VS.Net03/Win2k3).

Thanks, Matt!

nila

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2003, 03:36:56 pm »

Is hairstyle going to get any more work soon?
Just wondering because I hadn't played with it in a while and I just had a quick look - a few features still that could do with enhancing and I'm about to create another two Multimedia PC's for clients and am wondering if it's an area you plan to work on again soon?

To name just a few:
  • Jump on playing now - it's still jumping with mp3's with cover art - we need to be able to define it for media type rather than just for 'files with images' - no need for full screen mode for audio and just takes away from the library.
  • NO way to navigate 'group' view schemes - we can go into the group but we cant navigate the view scheme set up for the group itself - an artificial view needs to be created to let us see this actual view scheme.
  • Track info pages need to be chosen seperately for hairstyle mode and normal mode - they both use different amounts of screen space and so what's appropriate for one isn't for the other.
Pages: [1]   Go Up