INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about "Remarks" column in "Recording Rules"  (Read 2200 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Question about "Remarks" column in "Recording Rules"
« on: September 25, 2015, 10:14:23 am »

What is the purpose of the "Remarks" field at Television>Recording Rules? It seems it would be a great place to put in a few personal comments/remarks about Scheduled Recordings or such, but I can't find a way to edit or write in this field. It never has any text in it.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Question about "Remarks" column in "Recording Rules"
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 11:14:33 am »

It shows status of the rule as needed.  For example a most often seen text in the column is "This rule has expired".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 11:36:10 am »

This brings up a new question...I manually delete rules that have 'expired'...is there a reason that they don't auto delete after a certain amount of time...or have I just not waited long enough?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 01:31:39 pm »

Some rules indeed should be deleted automatically.  I am not sure exactly what we are doing, but I will check.  Some rules should not be deleted because they contain clean up rules for your recordings (for example, "Delete after x days", even for a one-off recording).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 04:43:17 pm »

that makes sense...in my case, they are almost all sporting events, and I don't do cleanup on those.  I really don't do cleanup an almost anything.  It's not a huge deal...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 06:26:51 pm »

I use the "This rule has expired" remark to remind me of once off recordings that I have done, and may not have watched. If I see something I want to watch in the Guide, I tend to just click record and create a one time recording. I don't always remember everything I have done that for, and of course they are all then mixed in with existing recordings, particularly OTA movies. Of course I can just use the Recently Imported smartlists, but I'm not always looking, so the remark is a reminder.

Also, I do suspend recordings occasionally, and the remark is then automatically filled with "This rule is suspended until dd/mm/yyyy."
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up