INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No sound from Disk Writer files  (Read 1508 times)

ogs

• World Citizen
No sound from Disk Writer files
« on: September 27, 2015, 04:53:32 pm »

I wanted to try  pre-processed files (offline convolution) today so I loaded convolution and some parametric eq I use in DSP Studio and played a few tracks with audio output set to 'Disk Writer'.
Files have proper size, but no sound. Looking at one of the files in Audition shows just silence.

I also have a wish list for this function:

Make an option to traverse the music folder structure and write the same to the selected destination.
Make an option to copy file name to the new file. "Disk Writer - XX xxx xx_xx (1).wav" is not easy to deal with
Make an option to transfer tags. Wav files are not tag friendly so use aiff for example. This should be just about as fast as wav.
Make an option to copy cover art to destination folders.
and of course when I add files to the main music folder I'd like a 'skip existing' to process only new files.
However if I change eq or correction filter I'd need to overwrite all files on destination.

Why? If I use pre-processed files I can use a low power PC to play my music. DSP studio with convolution and eq is cpu heavy.
I found some old comments on this here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69621 and here https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61707.0

Thanks
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: No sound from Disk Writer files
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 05:16:04 pm »

Disk Writer Output is not meant as a conversion tool, more like a testing environment.
You can use the actual format conversion tools if you want to convert your audio to another format.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

ogs

• World Citizen
Re: No sound from Disk Writer files
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 07:56:39 pm »

But Disk Writer should not produce files with no sound?

I am not interested in conversion as such, but files that have been run through DSP. The conversion tool seems to do what I need. I was not aware of the DSP step within conversion. Very neat! Thanks Hendrik!
There is still one problem. Cover art is not copied if it is a separate file, only if the image is in the files tags. I have cover art as separate files on most of my albums. Can you please consider adding this as an option?
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250
Pages: [1]   Go Up