INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "prefix filename with list order" (burn  (Read 2256 times)

friendly

• Recent member
  • Don't worry, I'm friendly...
"prefix filename with list order" (burn
« on: September 09, 2003, 06:19:13 pm »

I read in another post about the "prefix filename with list order" option for naming files when burning a data disc.  I'm very excited to use it, but I can't seem to send my playlist to the burn window without the files automatically being resorted in alphabetical order.  My goal is to burn a 243-song disc in the exact order that I want it.  The order is already on the playlist.  Any hints?

Good vibes,
Eric

jleerigby

Re: "prefix filename with list order" (b
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 10:00:30 pm »

Did you try doing what I said in the other thread?  

I add the tracks to Playing Now and then shuffle them around before sending them to the burner.

friendly

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 10:49:25 pm »

Yes, I did try that, unfortunately with the same result.  They are still in ABC order.  Maybe it's because I'm using 9.1.44.  Let me try updating to .48 and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Eric

friendly

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 10:57:06 pm »

Nope.  Just installed .48 and it still does the same thing.  I remember when I had 9.0 that it would *kind of* send it in the right order.  It would tweak things around a bit, but with a little moving things around I could get the original order.  Here, it seems that there is no other way to receive it but in ABC order.  Maybe one of my settings is off somewhere?  I'll have to do a little investigating, but any help would be very welcome.

Good vibes,
ERic

friendly

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 11:03:07 pm »

Here's something I tried: Since the disc I want to do is in chronological order, I sorted (within the burn window) by year.  Then I right-clicked and tried to update the order, but it *still* reverted back to ABC order!!!  >:(

I feel like I'm missing some really minute detail that could fix everything.

Eric

friendly

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 11:10:10 pm »

This may be the record for most consecutive replies to my own post.... :)

I changed CD/DVD folder naming to "none" and this seemed to make it possible to get the "kind of" order that I wanted.  However, it still seems to be grouping certain songs from the same album even though they are not next to each other in the original playlist.

friendly

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 11:18:24 pm »

Problem solved.  When I send the playlist directly to the burner, it preserves the order.  This didn't work before because of the Folder Naming settings under Options.  Now it works.  It totally does not work, however, if you send it from playing now.

jleerigby

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2003, 11:21:48 pm »

Problem solved.  When I send the playlist directly to the burner, it preserves the order.  This didn't work before because of the Folder Naming settings under Options.  Now it works.  It totally does not work, however, if you send it from playing now.

It does for me.  Select all in playing now and click Burn toolbar button - like I said in the other post.  All tracks put in root (no folders) in the order they appear in playing now.  I use playing now so I can use the shuffle feature.

zevele10

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2003, 05:00:37 am »

Before i start to waste some cds:

I understand that in fact you burn a playlist with songs in the order you want.
We are speaking now NOT about artist or album or artist/album , but about songs.
In this case you do not need any folders on your cd.
Just you take cd Playlist 1 ,or 2 and you play it in your discman.

Until now ,i'am right ?
Or so wrong that you want me to have a toast with Marmite on it ?[ Only the name makes me dizzy...]

Here is what i'am looking for since my first 'burn'.

I want to backup all my Dylan albums.
I want to burn the albums in chronological [ is this proper english?] order ,not Windows a,b.c ect one.
In this case ,i need ,minumun to have each album in a folder [ or i'am wrong to think so ?]

Using you trick ,it is something i can do?

PS: if the answer is not ,i want to say that  the playlist trick only is great .
But we are looking for hudge......

Pages: [1]   Go Up