INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 21 asks for user to sign into LastFM when any music file is played  (Read 1759 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

A client of mine has a weird issue. Any time he tries to play anything in MC21, an MC dialog box appears asking him to sign into Last FM. At the same time, the Edge browser (in Win 10) launches to the Last FM sign in page. He doesn't have a Last FM account, and had never heard of it until this started happening. The audio file DOES play, but the pop-up of the dialog box and Edge is very annoying.

Any ideas what is going on here? Reinstalling MC 20, and all is well again; he can play music normally, without the interruption.

BradATIMA

Re: MC 21 asks for user to sign into LastFM when any music file is played
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 09:09:27 am »

Did it bring up a dialogue about the client authorizing a Last.fm account? If it does, my guess would be that somehow the option "Submit playback information to Last.fm (scrobble)" in the Services menu in Options somehow got checked.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 09:11:06 am »

Thank you, Brad!
I am pretty sure this is what has happened. I shall tell the client to check this out.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 02:49:40 pm »

Thank you, Brad!
I am pretty sure this is what has happened. I shall tell the client to check this out.

Yes, that was it. Client claims it was on as default.
Pages: [1]   Go Up