INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod - genre tags  (Read 3065 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
iPod - genre tags
« on: October 01, 2015, 11:06:04 am »

I've had exactly the same issue since MC17, but I'm sure it's an apple problem and never bothered to look into it

My non-rock boxed iPod classic 160 syncs perfect in MC, but all the genre tags are messed up (and ONLY the genre tags)

For example, if I sync 1000 rock songs, I'll have rock listed as a genre 10 times, with 100 songs in each (and sometimes albums split).  The name is correct!  But all genres appear multiple times

Finally decided to look into it, if anyone has suggestions I'll try them out.  I have tried retagging (so I selected All rock songs, and re-tagged genre as rock in one operation) but that didn't help...

blgentry

Re: iPod - genre tags
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 11:19:13 am »

Why not rockbox it?  When I was shopping for a new Digital Audio Player, I realized that even though I'm a Mac fan and I use one as my daily computer, I'm not really tied to their ecosystem any more.  I don't really *want* an ipod.  Their UI is generally pretty darned good on the ipod.  But I don't know if it's worlds better than others at this point.

In my particular case, I also decided that I was done with spinning drives in portable devices.  My last ipod was slowly corrupting it's own drive before it got zapped (and killed) by a bad car adapter.

I know this does NOTHING to address your direct question.  I'm just offering another point of view that might accomplish your goal in a different way.  :)

Brian.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: iPod - genre tags
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 02:25:10 pm »

Blgentry-fair point!  I have 3 160 classics, 2 are rock boxed and 1 not.  One of my rock boxed units is currently bricked for an unknown reason so I chose not to do the 3rd one (I put smaller mp3's on that one and use the other 2 for FLAC, I travel a lot so I usually take the MP3 one to have a larger variety)

It's really not a big deal I'm just interested in figuring it out.  When at home I always stream with JRemote anyways so the iPod's only go with me for work.  I like the classics because 160Gb is a fair amount of MP3!
Pages: [1]   Go Up