INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with HDtracks Download Manager  (Read 3838 times)

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
Issue with HDtracks Download Manager
« on: October 01, 2015, 06:44:30 pm »

I have recently installed a SSD  for the (C:) drive for the operating system (Windows 7), and a HDD (D:) drive for data and music files. I have installed MC 21 and I am able to download music from iTunes into MC. MC 21 is installed in (D:) > Programs.

On my first HDtracks download since this computer's new SSD and HDD were installed, I downloaded HDtracks download manager to (D:) > Downloads. Then I installed the download manager to (D:) > Programs.

However, that changed my JRiver icon to look like the HDtracks download manager icon, and I was unable to get to OR open my JRiver. This error required me to re-install JRiver :-(

I think re-installing MC, it installed over the existing MC and it kept all my music files and library intact :-)

Where should I direct HDtracks download manager to download and then where should it be installed so I do not have any further issues with MC?

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
Re: Issue with HDtracks Download Manager
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 02:07:01 pm »

I am having difficulty with getting the HDtracks downloader to work with JRIver. Everytime I install the downloader, it changes the JRiver icon to the HDtracks Downloader icon on the desktop and the start menu, then I CANNOT open JRiver. When this happens, there is NO JRiver icon on my desktop, only a HDtracks Downloader icon, (which used to be the JRiver icon).

In the Windows “Start” menu, (bottom, left corner of the laptop screen), when you go to “All Programs” then click on JRiver Media Center 21 to expand it, normally you would see the JRiver Logo icon, HOWEVER, now the icon is the HDtracks logo icon.

Then when I click on the icon labeled HDtracks Downloader, (which used to be the JRiver icon), MC does not start, I then get this Critical Error,

“The following module has failed to load:

D:\Programs\Media Center 21.exe

It has reported the following error:

Failed to load JRTools

Please install the latest version of the program.

So this is twice now I have had to reinstall JRiver and I am afraid to reinstall HDtracks downloader for fear of losing my JRiver again.

In the first instance I had downloaded the downloader to the D: drive, and the second instance to the C:, and had the same issue both times.

I have reinstalled MC and it is now operational, but I have no way to download from HDtracks.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Desk Top:
JRiver 25 > Industrial Intona Hi Speed Isolator > UpTone Audio USB Regen > PS Audio Perfect Wave II 2.4.3 > Parasound Halo > KEF LS50 + HSU STF-1 sub x 2
~ or ~ Questyle CMA600i/Icon Audio HP8 MKII/Lyr >  HD800s/Elear/AHD7000/LCD2.2f/HD650/HD700/u18t/Roxanne

Dedicated Room:
Sony SACD 777ES > First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II > Plinius SA100 MkIII > Von Schweikert Audio VR5

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 11:42:42 am »

Sorry for the late reply. If this issue still persists, could you provide me with a bit more information? At the moment, I am unable to reproduce the same problem using the latest HDtracks downloader. Which version of the HDtracks downloader are you using?

Blueshound24

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 09:26:47 am »

Sorry for the late reply. If this issue still persists, could you provide me with a bit more information? At the moment, I am unable to reproduce the same problem using the latest HDtracks downloader. Which version of the HDtracks downloader are you using?

I believe I am using the latest downloader version. Since my initial post, I have reinstalled MC to C:/Program Files (x86). Now every time I download from HDTracks and prompted to download the latest version, I refuse and just pull up the version I have and use that. I am afraid to install their "latest?" version for fear of repeating the issue explained above.
Thanks...
Desk Top:

Dedicated Room:
Pages: [1]   Go Up