INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Stops Playing Media Center 21  (Read 3282 times)

zburns

Music Stops Playing Media Center 21
« on: October 02, 2015, 10:16:29 am »

What having the music play, the it would stop mid-song.  I upgraded to Media Center 21 (on the Mac) and still has the same problem.  It'll play, but then just stop for some reason mid-song.  Also MC21 is really, really slow compared to 19.  Is there a reason for that also?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Music Stops Playing Media Center 21
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 01:50:01 pm »

Antivirus?

zburns

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 03:11:47 pm »

None.

This was working fine under v19.  Then just stopped for some reason, so I upgraded to 21 thinking 19 might have had an issue.  21 is pretty slow and not sure what it's doing when it starts up (as I see another app launching), but regardless 21 still exhibits the same behavior.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 04:36:41 pm »

MC21 is known to be "slow" the very first time it is launched because it is setting up some files and directories behind the scenes.  But your copy of MC21 is slow to launch, and shows a second MC icon bouncing in the dock, EVERY time?  I'm pretty sure that shouldn't happen.

Have you installed MC21 by dragging it to the Applications folder?  Or are you running it straight from the downloaded DMG file?  If you haven't installed it, you need to for sure.

Does MC19 still work reliably on your system?  I ask because it's entirely possible that something else is going on.  Bad cable, weird hardware, DAC freaked out and needs to be rebooted, etc.  Just some possibilities.  Are you using the build in sound card in your Mac?  Or an external USB DAC?  Something else?

Brian.

zburns

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 08:37:05 am »

I'm going to say a "reboot" helped everything.  By chance, I lost power sometime over the weekend and now MC21 starts up fast and it plays fine - no stopping.  I guess the old "turn it off and turn it back on" worked.  :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up