INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote on IOS and data usage question  (Read 1127 times)

sdmarquart

• World Citizen
JRemote on IOS and data usage question
« on: October 06, 2015, 09:30:54 am »

Here's an oddball question. When using the JRemote on my IOS (Iphone 6S device) on my cellular network I noticed a few things. I switched to the Verizon network (from Sprint) and the cell reception is much better. Songs on the JRemote app load up quickly with the green bar (just below the track info) showing solid to the end of the track. So, it appears this means the song is cached (or something similar) and once that happens the cell phone is no longer using data to play the song. I tried this by playing a track, and after a few seconds when the green bar is solid to the end of the track pausing the song and putting the iphone in "Airplane Mode" which turns off the cell reception. The track will play through to the end in Airplane mode since the song is cached up and of course I get a streaming network error on the next track since the cell reception is turned off. Does this make sense? This is good news (even though I'm on a hefty data plan) that once the song is "cached" the data is not burning up against my total amount.

Thoughts on this? I was using Sprint and their network is slow. Some songs would cut out as it was trying to cache up the song. So, I can only assume my data usage was higher with Sprint since it was using more data to get the song to play on the slower network.

Let me know if this makes sense and if my thinking is correct.

Thanks,
Spencer
Pages: [1]   Go Up