INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power Management issue  (Read 2236 times)

Oliverlim

• Recent member
Power Management issue
« on: October 07, 2015, 10:43:54 pm »

I am still running Windows 8.1   I cannot seem to get power management correct on my system.

If I enable power management, it seems to hang media center when it comes back out of hibernation or sleep mode.  It seems to also engage sleep mode at times even though music is still playing. As such, I have currently disabled power saving mode totally on my system.  Is there any setting on media center on power management?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Power Management issue
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 01:16:26 am »

The first step in solving such problems is to understand what is happening. There is a tool to help you do that in MC.

Go to Help/System Info on the menu (or Service & Plugins/Reporter in the left navigation bar). Take a look at what is reported under the "Power" heading. It should tell you if MC is going to stop the PC going to sleep or not. Refresh the tool to watch changes over time.

If you are playing music, it should say; Playback (disable automatic sleep)
If playing video, it should also disable the screensaver and keep the monitor on.

Report back if these things aren't happening.

If that is all working as expected, you will need to create a MC log for someone from JRiver to look at.
Turn on logging: Help/Logging, Output to log file
Reset the log, same place
Hibernate your PC
Wake the PC, if MC crashes, save the log. Help/Logging, Report Problem

That will put a zip file onto your Desktop, which contains txt files of the current and previous log, and a system info file. Have a look in there to see if you can determine the problem. If not, ask back here if you can send it to someone to check.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Oliverlim

• Recent member
Re: Power Management issue
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 08:17:45 pm »

Thanks! I will monitor the status as you suggested and report back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up