INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: not playing back .wtv  (Read 3737 times)

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
not playing back .wtv
« on: October 08, 2015, 11:14:55 pm »

I have jriver MC20 on Win7 PC with all of my video files stored on that PC, I installed jriver MC 21 on my Win8 laptop and setup Media Network.  It works great. And I'm able to watch my .m2ts files of Big Bang Theory (blu ray rips) on my laptop via the Media Network. Also, my .mp4 files playback fine on the laptop.  However it's not playing back the .wtv AVCHD files recorded in Win 7 Windows Media Center on my laptop when I try it says playback error.  On the Win 7 PC they playback without problem, just on the laptop via media network they don't.  What should I do?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: not playing back .wtv
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 12:20:48 am »

Copy one of the .wtv files to your laptop and see if it plays locally in MC. Or if you have drives that contain the files mapped from your laptop to the Win 7 PC, just use Windows Explorer to find then directly. You should just be able to double click on the file to play it locally.

I have just checked on my Client system, which certainly used to be able to play *.wtv files. I can still play them locally, or using a mapped drive, but they no longer play via the MC Media Network. So you aren't alone. Something is wrong. Something has changed.

I'll check my settings.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 12:33:08 am »

Yep, it seems something is broken. I just ran a log and MC isn't building the DirectShow Filter Graph properly.

What specific version of MC21 are you running? I'm running the latest and the problem is there.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 07:52:45 am »

I just tried to import some random WTV file I had around into MC and it played just fine.
Your WTVs don't happen to be DRM protected, since WMC recorded them? Those you wouldn't be able to move to another system.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 08:30:00 am »

I can play the files fine on the local machine without problem, and copy them to a different PC from the one that it was recorded in, and watch them there.  It's only the remote laptop having the problem via Media Network in MC21.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 08:54:21 am »

Ah I see it now. It'll be fixed in the next build of MC21.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 09:02:55 am »

thanks!
Approx. when should I check back to d/l it? (ball park estimate)?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 09:05:06 am »

Hard to say, possibly later half of the next week, but can't promise yet.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

cgott42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 09:05:54 am »

thanks, that's fine. Just wanted to get a basic idea.
thx!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 06:20:58 pm »

Thanks Hendrik.

I only have a few of those files left, but they are movies so I will probably be keeping them. Nice to have them working.

Not to forget, for all those WMC users that are streaming to JRiver, this may have been a show stopper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up