INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing to linked zones  (Read 1188 times)

jphilpit

• Recent member
Playing to linked zones
« on: October 09, 2015, 05:26:48 pm »

I'm using MC21.0.6. I have linked 2 DLNA zones in the Playing Now tree in the upper left of the UI. Let's call the Naim Media Player "A" and the Marantz AV Receiver "B." I was hoping to be able to send the same file to both renderers and then use the buttons on B's remote to switch between them in order to do a classic A/B test of audio quality, thereby comparing the two DACs.

When they are unlinked, I can hear each one separately. And if I link them and start a music file (sent to either A or B) I hear the music fine, at least at the beginning. But if I start switching between them using B's remote control, the link in MC21 disappears immediately. And if B is being told to play from its own DLNA renderer, the audio output will occasionally reset, or else just not play.

If I guess at what's happening, the Marantz AVR is sending some reset signal back to MC21. And Media Center 21 is responding to that by removing the link. But that's just a guess. The Marantz box is designed to pull digital music files from the server, but I'm pushing digital music files to it, instead.

The eventual goal is to play 2 different renderers in the separate rooms (instead of using the 2nd Zone capability of the AVR that I'm using now).

I realize this problem is possibly an issue with the Marantz, but I'm asking in case you have any ideas. Or maybe I'm not using the Zone Link feature correctly.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John Philpit
Pages: [1]   Go Up