INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping Disks but not loading into library  (Read 1847 times)

kjhkjh123

• Recent member
Ripping Disks but not loading into library
« on: October 11, 2015, 09:21:51 am »

I purchased the upgrade in July, installed MC21 in Sept and since that time have ripped a number of additional music CD's to my server.  Yesterday when I closed and restarted MC I was notified it was a trial version and had to input my registration code.  This is no big deal.  The real problem occurred when I started looking at my recent rips.  The last dozen to a dozen and a half disks that were ripped were not in my music library.  I poked around on the computer and discovered that the disks were ripped, the flac files and directories are on the hard drive  but they were not added to the library.  Any idea why this has happened, or an easy way to fix this absent individually importing the disks or re-ripping.  I am currently running MC 21.0.6.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Ripping Disks but not loading into library
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 09:48:15 am »

Maybe the metadata is wrong (empty, bad, not what you are expecting) and you just don't see the albums where you think you should see them.   Try going to the files view:  Left navigation > Audio > Files .

Then, in the Files view, do a search for a file name that you know is from one of these albums that you have located on disk.  If you find that file in the library, then you'll know if was imported, just with some metatdata that's putting it in the "wrong" place.  If you don't find the file, then something else is going on.

Good luck!

Brian.

kjhkjh123

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 04:45:42 pm »

Nope, tried a search and nothing was found.  It is just easier to sit and re-rip than to import.  When I import sometimes album file order is messed up and lots of stuff to check.  No problems with reripping.  Hopefully this post rings a bell and this weird bug/quirk is found in a future update.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 05:11:26 pm »

When I import sometimes album file order is messed up and lots of stuff to check.  No problems with reripping.

That shouldn't happen.  If it was ripped with the right metadata, it should be imported with the right metadata.  Importing should be easier than re-ripping.  It takes ~7 minutes on my machine to rip a CD.  Importing a CD's worth of files takes 15 seconds?

Do whatever works best for you of course.  Just offering my perspective.

Brian.

kjhkjh123

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 09:42:08 am »

I have recently had issues of ripping disks and then they are not loading into the library database.  

As I have been re-ripping the disks because importing them there is no metadata I have some addition observations on what MC21 is doing or behaving at the time.

1)  The disc information wasn't always complete
2)  When re-ripping if the information wasn't always complete I hit the update from online database buttons.  That seems to correct the problem and the disk gets imported to the library
3)  When a disc had multiple library entries the program didn't automatically pop up with the screen that asks which version do you have.  I needed to hit the update from online data base for that to occur.  Again that seemed to rip the disk and import it into the library.
4)  Just noticed that I still had MC20 installed, don't know if that was affecting thing but I removed MC20
5)  For the first disc I re-ripped, all the correct information pops up for song, artist and album information, the problem seems to occur with the subsequent disc rips unless I update from the online libraries.

Thanks you any help and suggestions.  I will try to watch replies and give more info to hopefully solve problem
Pages: [1]   Go Up