INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using two computers on network with JRemote  (Read 1665 times)

jkrumm

• Recent member
Using two computers on network with JRemote
« on: October 11, 2015, 12:50:36 pm »

My first question is about licensing. I bought the multi-platform license. Do I also have the option to run on more than one machine, or do I need another license?

My second question is about how to set up two computers on a network, sharing files wirelessly. I  have all my files on one Mac. JRemote can access those no problem from my phone, works great. I put another copy of Media Center on a laptop and I have connected it to the other Mac's library. But when I play files the best I can do is make them play on the other mac, not the machine I'm holding. What I would like to do is have each Mac show up as a zone on JRiver, and then I just choose the zone and play normally. I must be missing something in the settings somewhere....

Thanks for your help,

John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using two computers on network with JRemote
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 12:59:39 pm »

You can use one license on all your computers, within reason.

Reading the wiki topic called Media Network should give you all the possibilities, but if you want to play locally, connect to the remote network first, then drag a file to "Player" under Playing Now.

jkrumm

• Recent member
Re: Using two computers on network with JRemote
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 02:18:13 pm »

Thanks Jim, I got it working by enabling zones in the second computer. At least I think that's what did it. JRemote refreshed with some different options, and now it works.
Pages: [1]   Go Up