INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instructions for setting JRiver and iPhone to stream to JRemote  (Read 4457 times)

toddelving

• Junior Woodchuck
Instructions for setting JRiver and iPhone to stream to JRemote
« on: October 12, 2015, 06:40:12 pm »

I purchase JRemote a few weeks ago for the purpose of streaming my audio and got it to stream one time. I am sure I have messed up the setting somewhere and have spent hours changing setting on jriver and on the iphone app.
I am running windows seven on a PC

Can I get a link showing the settings that both the JRemote and JRiver MC21 has to be set up to successfully stream to my iphone and Mac pro!
I have searched the forum and cannot find step by step instructions!
Thank you

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Instructions setting JRiver and I Phone to stream to JRemote
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 06:30:56 am »

Assuming you have JRemote set up as a controller (use media network is ticked set in options - I find the authetification option to be more stable for me). All you have to do is choose the playback zone (button bottom left of screen on Iphone/ipad) and choose "this device" the music will be streamed to the phone/tablette that way. I don't understand what you are referring to for your Mac Pro, as you are running your media server from a PC -- JRemote is only IOS or Android ?? Is the Mac Pro set-up as a client to the PC?

If you are talking about externally streaming away from you home network, that's something else again. You have to configure your router for this ... allow port forwarding to get past your firewall etc. Every router is different, though there are posts on the basics it goes beyond the purview of JRiver. You probably should go to the manufacturer of your router if you don't know how to open up its configuration menu

I'd Start simple, get it to stream on your local network first. Then for external streaming if thats what you want, you have to allow port access in your router (normally 52199) and I'd set up your network IPs using the DHCP menu for your router (especially if you have multiple computers on the network).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Pages: [1]   Go Up