INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aspect Ratio in TV  (Read 1531 times)

jgirado

• Recent member
Aspect Ratio in TV
« on: October 15, 2015, 04:17:20 pm »

I've been using Microsoft Media Center for 10 years now and I'm sad it has to go.

I've been eyeing JRiver for several years (I do like the preference treatment it gives to audio!) but every time I download/install it, it never provides me with the same live TV experience as Microsoft MCE.

Last time I checked (MC21) I couldn't get the equivalent of Microsoft MC Zoom1/2/3/4 aspect ratio modes on Live TV. Some old TV shows comes with weird aspect ratios (like a 16:9 but smaller than the TV screen).
And more important I need Close Caption (CC) but I read on JRiver forums that this is really low priority.

I'm sure eventually JRiver will fit my needs and I'll jump to the JRiver wagon without hesitation. It's really that good.
Thanks,
Javier

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Aspect Ratio in TV
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 05:02:56 pm »

Last time I checked (MC21) I couldn't get the equivalent of Microsoft MC Zoom1/2/3/4 aspect ratio modes on Live TV. Some old TV shows comes with weird aspect ratios (like a 16:9 but smaller than the TV screen).
You can zoom with a mouse by using the scroll wheel or with a keyboard by right clicking on the screen.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Aspect Ratio in TV
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 08:37:56 pm »

Plus of course you can toggle though the Aspect Ratios available by pressing "a" on a keyboard, with the setting displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Or, your can access the On Screen Display using the up and down arrow keys on either the remote or a keyboard. The OSD menus allow you to change the Aspect Ratio and/or the Zoom of the image on screen.

Closed Captions (Teletext page 801) still isn't available in MC21.0.14. The information isn't even passed through to your TV by MC unfortunately, so you can't even turn it on in your TV settings when playing TV via MC. I just tested it on my Samsung smartTV, connected from my HTPC directly via HDMI. Teletext works if watching a TV channel directly on the TV, but via MC from the HTPC the TV just says that the service is not available.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up